Mandela Effect

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ED-209, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Hey, that kinda sounds like Doc in Back To The Future II. When he says (something like) "Meeting her future self could create a paradox that will destroy the entire universe... Or... she could just pass out from the emotion.":D

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Of course, it could be why our memories are so awful. It might be damaging to the brain if we had to keep track of all the random universes we interact with during our lifetimes. Not to mention the effect it might have on our psyche. :eek:

Australis likes this.
  3. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Of course, people have terrible memories. I have several myself.

[​IMG]

4. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

5. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

of course. It makes more sense if it's a wolf and a lamb. With a lion it would be more like a gazelle. Ask Archer, he knows a thing or two about gazelles.:D

6. Doctor Bombay

Doctor Bombay Captain Captain

An incident that occured to me....:

Many decades ago, when I was about 7 (about 1975), a house only 6 months old that was next to our property burned. I remember the lady living there, and I remember the house, but I do not remember the house being built.

Once that struck me as odd, I asked a few of the older people who lived down that road if they remembered it being built, and none could, though they remember it burning.

7. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

If no one remembers it being built then how do they know that it was only six months old?

Therin of Andor likes this.
  8. Doctor Bombay

I remember people after the fire saying the house was only six months old and must have had bad wiring. But screw me if I could find anyone in 2010 who actually remembered the house being built... and I asked several people.

9. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

I am sure people would remember if one day they saw a house where there was nothing the day before.

10. Doctor Bombay

Now you're getting the wierdness of the matter. ;)

11. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

So you're saying they didn't remember the house being built... 35 years after the fact?

I refer you to @BillJ 's post above.

12. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Coincidentally, that's the kind of thing that happens on Bewitched, the show where your screen name is from.;)

I remember specifically an episode where they kept making a house appear and disappear.

13. Doctor Bombay

It may be just a matter of bad memory and time passing, but I always thought it was weird.

14. Doctor Bombay

You have a better memory for that show than I do... which sorta fits into the flow of this thread. ;)

15. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Yes, I do have a very good memory in general. It's a family trait. My mother would take a textbook to verify if I had learned my lesson and afterward she often knew the lesson as well as I did. It was amazing since being from another country she had never learned these lessons before.

16. Delta Vega

Delta Vega Commodore Commodore

It's actually quite common to walk through a city you're familiar with, see a new building, and think "Wtf was it that used to sit there ?" or something like that

17. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Well, I've lived in a big city for years (before I moved to the countryside) and there are parts of the city where I wouldn't go for months, so if I saw some new building there, it wouldn't surprise me. However, I am sure I would have noticed if a new house would have suddenly appeared someplace that I would go by every day or so.

18. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

The way I remember it, "The lion shall lie down with the wolf." :eek:

19. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

:lol:

Gryffindorian likes this.
  20. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Gryffindorian likes this.