MAN OF STEEL - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Jun 11, 2013.

?

Grade the movie...

1. A+

10.9%
  2. A

20.8%
  3. A-

18.1%
  4. B+

9.8%
  5. B

11.3%
  6. B-

4.2%
  7. C+

4.9%
  8. C

4.9%
  9. C-

3.8%
  10. D+

3.4%
  11. D

3.8%
  12. D-

2.6%
  13. F

1.5%
  1. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I read it as Clark IN Smallville as in referring to the movie version. My fault.

2. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's some confusion on another forum I visit over what happend to all the various Kryptonian ships.

As near as could tell, there was baby Clark's ship, the scout ship in the Arctic and Zod's ship (which contained a couple of drop ships and the world engine).

My impression was that the Arctic scout ship is still sat around in Arctic at the end but others claim that Zod stole it and that was the ship that Clark destroyed with his laser eyes...

3. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Yup. Zod stole it and that is indeed the ship Clark destroyed.

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Correct. That was the ship that contained the Genesis Arc (or whatever it was called). That's why Zod became so desperately evil at the end; Clark had completely destroyed any chance Zod had of rebuilding Krypton.

5. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Maybe fun for later, but who was in the opened stasis pod? They showed the one corpse in the closed pod, but right after that there was a pod on the opposite side that was opened...

6. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Goyer mentioned that the open pod was in the script, Snyder ignored or missed it, and Goyer lobbied to get it back into the shot. So they're definitely deliberately playing with possibilities...

7. Savage Dragon

8. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

9. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
    well, I was somewhat disappointed in it. Although it had much more action than "Superman Returns," my feelings about it are pretty similar-okay, but not that great.

The character largely remains a cipher, and Shannon's Zod is generic and over the top. I liked Stamp's more dignified portrayal better. The last hour's violence and action becomes numbing.

2 1/2 stars, or C+

10. Enterpriserules

Enterpriserules Commodore Commodore

Here's my review I give this an A+, I am a huge Superman fan and this is the film I always wanted to see!

11. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I'm the opposite. I thought that Stamp was over the top while Shannon was more down to earth with the occasional outburst. I liked 'em both though.

12. Savage Dragon

Nice review. You managed to put into words how I felt after seeing the movie.

13. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

With all the Lexcorp signs everywhere, I thought the destruction of Metropolis might be a set-up for future plot. It would be an excuse for Lex to come in and buy up all of downtown Metropolis under the guise he's helping to "save" the city.

There are a lot of ways they could involve Bruno with something like that, also.

14. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah, so Real Estate Luthor, after all, perhaps? :shifty: ;) :lol:

15. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Since Lex has full control over Metropolis he'll raise rents on apartments due to all the destruction caused by Zod and Superman

This causes Clark some frustration because he can't afford an apartment

There's our realism

It could make for a nice little story in the sequel.

16. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Well I was thinking something a little more Robocopesque, but I suppose that works too.

17. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Had reservations about seeing a Zod rehash, totally unfounded. MoS was killer!

Favorite homage scene, "Mr Wonderful" (semi truck driver) getting his rig impaled.

Worst thing was the soundtrack, totally uninspired and not befitting Superman in the least. It was so bad it almost seemed as if it wanted me to ignore it so I did.

A

18. Enterpriserules

I really appreciate that! :bolian:

19. Enterpriserules

I have seen mixed reviews on the soundtrack, personally I have had ti on repeat for a week and I love it.

20. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I knew something was gonna happen to that idiot's truck. I thought he was gonna come out and find it up side down or something, but that was much funnier.