Lost 5x15: "Follow the Leader"

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Agent Richard07, May 6, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

45.2%
  2. Above Average

45.2%
  3. Average

8.1%
  4. Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

1.6%
  1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Tonight's episode definitely gets an Above Average from me, as well. Lots of great set-up and character moments (Poor Juliet!).

I'm very happy that Sayid made a re-appearance (wet Sayid....yummy!) and of course, Hurley's very pathetic attempt to NOT be from the future!

Ben's reaction was the ultimate WTF moment. He did that VERY well, and I love Locke's confidence. He's back to his Island Sensei-self. He KNOWS something now that we don't, and it's written all over his face. I love this Locke. He's just so fun to watch.

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

LOCKE: "I came... I saw... I kicked Jacob's ass!"

3. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I really liked this episode. And it was very close to Excellent, like last week's, but I just couldn't bring myself to give it. I really want Sawyer and Juliet to work out. I'm very curious as to what happens with the hydrogen bomb.

And has this all happened before? Is it all just happening again? Are they even changing anything at all?

4. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Considering how he knew exactly where (and when) to be when his time travelling self showed up, I think I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt on knowing what he's doing.

Also I think the "kill Jacob" thing is related to the plea of "Help me" John heard when he was at that cabin.

5. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

Wait, so Richard tells Sun "I watched them die".....and *then* what? She doesn't ask "How did they die?" or say "Give me all the details on what happened to them"???? What the heck? Are we supposed to assume that she did ask that, and he said "I can't tell you" or something like that, and that all happened offscreen? I don't know. It seems like a cheap way for them to string us along on that. Nothing about that scene really made sense.

6. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah, Jin and Sun have been more or less put on the backburner for tail end of this season. Sun's pretty much been a broken record, and Jin hasn't really been given any lines at all. But with that said, this was an excellent episode. Their finally off to see the wizard. Another long trek somewhere, just like in the season 3 finale, but with The Others this time. Also can somebody tell me the last time Richard actually saw Ben? Wasn't that in the season 3 finale? If that was the case, you'd think Richard would have asked: "Where the hell have you been?!?" I don't think Richard would have had any idea that Ben was banished from the island, actually I think Richard did show up towards the end of last year's finale right? I can't remember...All in all I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK! on a side note, this might be spoilerish but
    are we expecting another death?

7. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I love this show, but oof, I am very ready for the 1977 stuff to be over with.

8. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You're absolutely right but that's LOST for you. It's been their MO from day 1.

9. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Excellent episode; however, I was disappointed Kate wasn't killed. Sawyer didn't look to happy that she made it to the sub, and I don't blame him. She's an idiot who interferes with a well executed plan.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

When Richard said he watched them die, I'm positive he spoke of the Dharma Initiative in general, and not Jack-Hurley-Kate or Sawyer-Juliet-Jin-Miles. In the history of the show how many scenes has Richard had with those characters that he would recognize them in the present? He knows Jack and Kate from 1977 and Sawyer from 1974, but has he met them in the present?

11. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

do you guys think at any point The Others with Charles Widmore and Eloise Hawkings at the helm summoned Cerberus to move Jughead to the tunnel? That part where Richard explains to Jack that they didn't move the bomb thru the water, by some other means.

12. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeesh. Between this show and Smallville, it makes me thankful that I at least pick the popular ladies in Joss Whedon's various series. But, as for feminine characters like Lana Lang or Kate Austen, siding with them appears to leave me out in the cold.... :lol:

13. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't stand Kate. She never follows instructions, she's bullheaded, and quite honestly, were I Jack or Sawyer, I'd have backhanded her a long time ago. Any time she declares she's going to do things her way, she makes the situation worse and has to be rescued.

14. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Like I said.... ;)

I thought she was right to react the way she did towards Jack's plan. Despite the chance that what he has in mind might actually work, the consequences if it doesn't are monumental. Kate understood that. Of course, she'll end up back by his side in the end but, at least for now, she's made what to her is the only rational choice available. I can't fault her for that.

15. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

A lot of the show's tension would be dismissed so easily if everyone asked a series of direct questions and got direct answers. But where's the fun in that?

16. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

Definitely an Excellent.

So how radioactive is that cavern they've kept the bomb in? Think Richard would be watching them die in the next few minutes?

Am I remembering right in that the bomb is supposed to blow up the Swan area? And if that happens the Island will be flattened and uninhabitable for a couple hundred years? Think the Island will allow that?

I do think Locke will answer Jacobs plea and kill him (release him from whatever state he is trapped in).

And I love how we got a mundane answer to why the others aren't affected by the fence.

17. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Above average. All set up, and the payoff is next week! :techman:

18. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I think Juliet is going to bite it, it seems like they are setting up another death. I mean, her and Saywer are perfect for each other, they just want off the island and to live a life. I just have this fear that they are going to kill Juliet so there will be angst between Saywer and Kate.

19. The point is, you don't have the character say "I watched them all die" in the first place, unless you have a logical reason why Sun doesn't act the obvious question when she is clearly around him for a few hours later. Sun has to become stupid to serve the plot. That's a flaw in the writing.

20. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Another Average - I dunno, there's something that feels a little "off" lately. :wtf: Or maybe they are doing too much of the same stuff lately and I'm ready for some BIG change.

But Sawyer and Juliet's scenes were great and I loved Dr. Chang's demonstration of how easy it is to unmask time travelers.

Is the season finale next week? I've been wondering what they could do to top previous seasons. Now it's obvious: they'll kill off the entire cast.

S6 should be interesting. :rommie:
    The odd thing is that neither of them have any rational reason to believe that Jack's plan can work. They don't know how time travel works - is it all predestination or not? If Jack is right that the past can be changed, their memories will be wiped out and they'll never realize it worked. All they have are Daniel's assumptions about the nature of the cosmos, but how can you prove it one way or the other? Nobody can observe the "experiment" from the outside because everyone is inside the experiment. Plus Daniel's death seemed to confirm the predestination theory (though nothing can 100% confirm it).

Last edited: May 7, 2009