Lost 4x09: "The Shape of Things to Come"

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 24, 2008.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

73.6%
  2. Above Average

21.7%
  3. Average

3.8%
  4. Below Average

0.9%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

:lol: Good catch. Either everyone snuck away when they realized that Locke was crazy or they got killed off by Widmore's hired guns. So much for "Come with me if you want to live." :lol:

At least we know that The Oceanic Six didn't teleport off the island. Or maybe they did and he was unconscious at the time.

:vulcan:

About Charles Widmore... I know he's supposed to be a big threat, maybe even bigger than Ben, but I just can't seem to see him that way. To me, he's just Penny's mean rich dad because that's how he was introduced.

Maybe Ben can move this island or convince people that he can. Who knows.

I'm still thinking about Alex dying. I wonder if she would have lived if Ben had activated the smoke monster before she was shot. Would it have left her alone? I'm also wondering if she and everyone else who died could be brought back in the end to live happily ever after on the secret island? Hey, a little wishful thinking never hurts.

:o

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

You assume that I watched the promo (and that everyone watched the promo).

3. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What? You didn't watch the previews for next week? Blasphemy! :lol:

4. The Nth Doctor

Yeah, I know it's crazy talk, but I'm trying to be spoiler-free as possible for the remaining episodes of this season.

5. gh4chiefs

I gathered that, that's why I was trying to be careful as to not come right out and say what it was, (although I probably said too much anyway.)

6. The Nth Doctor

Yeah, I appreciate that. But the fact that it's not a so mysterious illness...well, that doesn't fill me with hope. What's the point? There's no drama in it since we know Jack will survive.

7. gh4chiefs

Yeah I'm wondering if isn't just something to drive the plot, to push them towards getting off the island. I'm not sue how, but as you said, there doesn't seem to be any other point to it.

Well now wait. We saw Sawyer headed back to the camp, maybe it's a plot point to somehow set it up that Sawyer will take charge when he gets back.

8. Jenee

Jenee Dancing Goddess Premium Member

I'm guessing with the captain and his mercenaries dead, Sayid takes over the freighter (slitting the doctor's throat in the mean time) and takes anyone who wants to leave the island.

Do you think Claire stays behind to be with Sawyer?

9. The Nth Doctor

Hmmm...that would be good. I'm sick and tired of Jack as the leader.

Ummmm...the captain isn't dead (unless you're theorizing he'll die soon).

10. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

So Smokey originally belongs to Dharma, interesting.

11. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Excellent. Best episode this season and one of the best in the entire series ...

P.S. Did anyone else noticed 3 Angel alumni in one scene in the beginning of the episode (Daniel Dae Kim, Sam Anderson and the guy who played the W&H doctor in the 5th season)? :)

12. gh4chiefs

I guess I missed something. I know Widmore said the island was his first, but what did I miss that proves Lostzilla is a Dharma/Widmore creation?

Edit for clarification: Just so there's no misunderstanding, I'm not saying you're wrong exodus I'm just wondering what I missed that tipped that off.

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  13. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder while DDK and Sam Anderson were filming the scene of them fishing a couple episodes back, if between each take the actors reflected on their time on Angel, even though they've never shared a scene together back then.

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I definitely do not think that Cerebus is a Dharma creation.

When Ben snuck off to call/activate/lure Cerebus, he disappeared into an ancient looking tunnel covered in ancient looking hierogylphics. Not exactly something from the 1970s.

15. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, I'm thinking that too. I've wanted to see Sawyer in a leadership role for a long time, particularly since "Left Behind."

16. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched the episode again. Thoughts the second time around:

- I think they really risk alieanating some viewers if they keep killing off beloved members of the recurring cast.

- Having Jack get sick really seems to serve no plot purpose to me. He's going to be at least somewhat okay when he gets off the island.

- Why they are keeping Faraday happy and free is beyond me. I would have someone beating the hell out of this guy for information by now.

17. Geck

Geck Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Up here in Canada we didn't even get a preview... :(

Well, the Orchid video that was posted earlier in this thread contains some random images interspersed throughout...one of them was of a random building, which Lostpedia tells me is the City Hall of Narvik, which is way up in Northern Norway. So maybe he has to somehow go from the island to Tunisia with a brief layover in Narvik, and he was dressed for that?

Or he needs a better travel agent. :p

18. Jaron

Jaron Captain Captain

Perhaps he paid a visit to those guys at the end of Live Together, Die Alone?

19. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

Or perhaps the effects of transportation makes you cold as in Stargate SG-1's first episode.

20. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

Excellent, just excellent. My jaw hit the floor when they killed Alex--I honestly wasn't expecting that. And neither was Ben I think, even though I really didn't think that dude (his name escapes me at the moment) was bluffing. Ben took a big risk--I just hope we find out why he was willing to take that risk, because I feel like Alex is the one person who actually meant something to him.

I figured he'd go the eye-for-an-eye route with Widmore at the end. I don't think he'll succeed, but then with this show, who really knows?

Why can't Widmore and Ben kill each other (I get the feeling the reverse is true too)?

Really, really freaky about the doctor and the whole time shift with the island. But...isn't the island usually behind the rest of the world time-wise, not ahead? Either way, freaky, freaky stuff.

Awww, that's kind of cool. :D