Linda Hamilton back for new TERMINATOR trilogy?? Rumor Mill

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

RUMOR MILL is on full throttle with this.

Linda Hamilton to make cameos possibly in T:Salvation and subsequent films via flashbacks only!?!
    Thoughts?
    This would for sure further the idea its a solid continuation and restart and not an outright reboot.

2. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

Thoughts? She's about a decade older than her character would have been at the time of her death.

That's all. :)

3. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

It might work if they don't flash back too far. She's doesn't show her age very well of late.

4. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As opposed to co-starring with Damon Wayens in a Terminator spoof.

5. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

If it's true, it'll go a long way to get me to watch this trilogy. I'm still feeling burned by Terminator 3, but having Linda Hamilton return would make me very happy. She was the real star in the first two movies. :D

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

What's this Terminator 3 nonsense you speak of, Emh? :confused:

7. The Nth Doctor

Something I wish I could forget like you managed to do. :lol:

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Maybe there's a dual meaning behind the title of Terminator Salvation, considering its predecessor. :lol:

9. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Dark Horizons passed along word that Linda Hamilton's reps have said they've had no offer for her to appear in the new film. In fact they took the opportunity to put out feelers by saying she'd be open to an offer.

10. The Nth Doctor

Too bad it's not true, but hopefully that'll change...

11. Cary L. Brown

Cary L. Brown Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, her "death" is described in T3, which is basically being ignored by this movie, isn't it?

I thought T3 was unbearable, honestly... the only reason to watch it was for that Lokken chick's teleportation in. :devil:

That said... it's one movie that "Rifftrax" makes much more entertaining to watch.

www.rifftrax.com

12. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

No she is dead.
    What they could do is show how she didn't go out a quitter to cancer(if they stay that course).
    Flashbacks with her imparting wisdom to an ever growing John.

Despite that it seems this is indeed rumor it still would be an angle I'd approach if I were McG or the producers.

With Linda not looking quite the same her appearance as older could be substitued for "sick" with the character still having that fighting spirit.
    She could rattle off metaphors of cancer=skynet and how she'll beat them both. A number of parallels to play of off imo.

13. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

I think this is purely rumor. What point would Sarah Connor serve? Her storyline has ended, regardless of what T3 said. A flashback seems kind of unnecessary, especially considering this is the Linda Hamilton of '08, not '97 (or whatever year she may be from). Plus, all the other actors have been recast, why now would they keep just one?

Add to that Linda Hamilton's reasons for not doing T3 would probably also apply to T4.

14. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

From what's being said at TerminatorFiles it appears that this is similar to Arnold so that they may use her likeness with the photograph.

Also, remember that in an interview at ComicCon McG said they were going to be giving out false information to keep the real storyline secret.

15. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Unless they're only selectively ignoring parts of T-3, that route won't work. Otherwise, how do we get to this post-apocalyptic future that Terminator Salvation is about? Terminator 2 effectively put of Judgment Day for good, at least in the way I've read it.

16. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Aspects of Terminator 3 are going to be honored, other parts are not. They are selectively accepting some things that happened in that film and ignoring others.

17. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Ah, so they're going the Superman Returns route of a la carte continuity.

18. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

It's always been said that they're only selecting certain scenes to be considered canon for this film. At first it was everything, then it was only T1 and T2, for a while it was only Terminator1 that was going to count. They've since released that T1 & T2 are being honored with some aspects of T3 being included. Fans are attributing this to the appearance of Marcus, who isn't in any of the other timelines.

19. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Since I can no longer edit I think that I've come up with how Sarah Connor could be listed as dead and still appear.

In the T2 novel trilogy by SM Sterling Sarah Connor is said to be alive and well in the time of the Future War. She was written as having faked her own death. We never did see a body and they may have faked her death - even making John think that she'd died.

20. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

I hope it is true. I love Linda Hamilton.