Letter to Obama...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by msbae, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's what she said.

2. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

I need proof. ;)

3. Captain Intrepid

Captain Intrepid Vice Admiral Admiral

The terr or ists will be exterminated. Exterminate! EXTERMINATE!

4. Guartho

Guartho Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Where does that estimate come from? I kept hearing 10 & 12 years during the campaign season. Didn't we used to do this shit in like a month tops? Surely these days we could do it in an environmentally sound manor in a year.

5. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

You have to find it and then set up the oil platform and then pump it.

6. Guartho

I was under the impression that we know where it is. Why does the oil platform setup take so long?

7. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

8. Captain Intrepid

And then there's the fact that the US has about 20 or so billion barrels of proven oil reserves, and it uses about 20 million barrels of oil every day, so if every proven oil reserve was tapped, it'd get you guys about three months of self reliance.

EDIT: Wrong decimal place, my bad. That should be 2 years 9 months before you crashed and burned. Not even a single presidential term.

9. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

It started off nice and there is somethings I like (like keeping education a local issue as far as course-work and standards go), but you then heavily contradict yourself when you talk about bailing out the Big 3. Still, the sentiment is nice and I do hope that Obama reads that letter because it is always nice to hear different perspectives, especially ones you disagree with.

10. msbae

msbae Commodore

Well, at least someone doesn't want to nail me to a cross. :techman:

As for the Big 3, it's a LOAN they want, not a bailout. I have no doubt they'd repay it ASAP, too. Also, I don't want to be forced to rely on a foreign automaker for my transportation. That puts a significant amount of my freedom to travel in foreign hands, which is unacceptable to me. Plus, who do you think has been primarily responsible for building the trucks, tanks and Humvees the Army uses? It's primarily GM & Ford. So, they'll get the loans they need just because they're critically important defense contractors. I'm just concerned with the details and want to make sure this doesn't have to happen again.

I'm not going to even bother responding to anyone in this thread that decides to launch a personal attack against me. Not only is it a waste of time but, at least I have the Balls to tell my leaders what I think. How many of you would take the time to do such a thing? There's no excuse not to since I provided a link to the page on Obama's site where you can tell him what you think.

Finally, comparing me to Daleks and Karl Marx is just ridiculous. It's also rather revealing of some of you people's various points of view. Calling me a Fascist and a Communist all in the same thread? Wow. It sure is a good thing that I actually enjoy playing the part of a Folk Devil and causing Moral Panics. :p

11. Captain Intrepid

The Daleks comment was a joke. :P I was just amused by your use of the word Exterminate!

Truthfully, it's a good thing that you're telling your leader what you think. We may disagree to the point where I think most of your points are laugh out loud ridiculous, but it's never a bad thing to speak your mind. Just know, I'm gonna speak mine right back. :P

12. msbae

msbae Commodore

That's fine. The tone can use some work, though.

Also, look what I just found in my e-mail inbox...

It might just be a form letter but, who knows? Something might happen.

13. Guartho

4 doesn't seem that unbelievable, especially for an offshore and assuming union labor. I thought the ANWR drilling was to be land-based and I had forgotten that the bulk of what we're after would be offshore. So where do the other 6 years come from once the thing is built?