Legendary AF: Hellboy (2019)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kai "the spy", Oct 6, 2018.

1. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

That was a really shit trailer. Its like Deadpool and GotG trailers had a baby, and it was given a Hellboy paintjob. It also just looks bad from a design standpoint, especially compared to the first two movies. I'll probably be giving these a skip. Del Toro made the only Hellboy movies I care to see.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

60+ years of rock music and someone thought the best music for this trailer would be "Mony Mony"? And others went along with it...

5. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

I agree, WTF

I think watching with the sound off improves the trailer right away.

It does seem strange they made this but not continued the story from the last movie. I don't mind them replacing the actor but why does it have to be a reboot? Unless they didn't want to go through with Hellboy, Jr.?

6. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

It may be hopelessly random, but it's also the piece's only appealing aspect.

7. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Why would you try to mimic the aesthetic of Guillermo Del Toro? You’re automatically going to look bland by comparison. Coming up with a new totally different aesthetic is the only real viable option.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

New red band trailer, that does give us a bit more of a feeling for how this one will be different from the other two. I like what I'm seeing here.

Gibraltar and Kai "the spy" like this.
  9. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't really know the comics, so I'm not gonna go into wether or not it fits with those, but as a movie in on itself, this trailer got me a bit more excited than the first one.

10. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Okay, that's the trailer that really justifies the "Legendary AF" tagline. Wow, what an improvement over the first one.

11. Marsden

Well, no Mony Mony is a huge improvement. I just hope this trailer didn't show everything good in the movie.

For example, Daniel Dae Kim looks like a were-beast rather than just a complainy guy. That makes me want to see the movie more but I think I'd have like to have not seen it until it happened in the movie.

12. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks generic, formulaic, misogynistic, witless, sophomoric, and all-around idiotic.

[​IMG]

Har-har, an SS officer with 3D glasses.

A promising prospective contender for worst film of the year.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, the character has been around and a were-tiger since 2004, so it's not really a big secret that they would need to hide.

14. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Except for, you know, all the people who don't read Hellboy but enjoyed the previous two films. Or all of the new viewers who like to be surprised. ;)

Marsden likes this.
  15. Marsden

Like me.

16. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I would like to hope that Daniel turning into a werewolf isn't the most important or exciting surprise of the movie.
    I think it's a smart choice to reveal that. It might get people more excited to see it.

Kai "the spy" likes this.
  17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've actually never read the comics either, but I did read about the character when he was announced as being in the new movie.
    I guess it just didn't really seem like something they should have hidden.

18. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Music from the 60's and 70's kind of threw me.

19. Marsden

I see, I thought he was just another complaining non-powered human from the first trailer. Hopefully that scene where he smacks him to get him to change is toward the beginning then. The last trailer made it seem "bigger" to me, but I see that really shouldn't be a big deal.

He looked really good as an animal, what was that, a jaguar with wings?

That first trailer is still bad.

20. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So the second trailer confirms this is a genuine reboot, which makes me wonder if Hellboy will face off against Rasputin again in any subsequent sequels (I'm assuming that was Rasputin helping to conjure Hellboy at the start of the trailer). A much stronger trailer, with a lot darker imagery, and one that promises to put some distance between Del Toro's vision and this newest iteration. Here's hoping...