Legacy starships in Disco Season 3

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by mattman8907, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After watching the trailer for the millionth time, i dont think that scene is depicting the burn. The Hiawatha type looks like it's crashing into the same facility that book is rescuing people from. The ships look pretty decrepit so maybe its some type of ancient starfleet musuem or junkyard.

The starfleet wreckage we see at the start of 'that hope is you' is of a brand new design. Also there's the scene were discovery has a small vessel in a tractor beam which might be a 32nd century starfleet shuttle. So i think we're definitely going to get some new and unique designs.

Timo and Markonian like this.
  2. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

So, what new designs do we see? Up close, we have the one where the streamlined bridge is surrounded by a moat and then a ring, Discovery style, as Booker and Rocket Girl fly through it; is this distinct from the two or so times we see a ring-saucer design that has two very prominent strakes, one port and one stbd, running parallel to the centerline and across the whole saucer? (We can see that one behind Sahil's big window, say.)

Timo Saloniemi

Markonian likes this.
  3. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

That summarises it.

In a preview Image, we saw something that looks like a refitted, white Hou-Yi class ship through a window. But I can’t find the image anymore.
    Imho, in terms of adapting existing assets, Control’s S31 fleet lends itself to become kitbashed into ‘future Starfleet’ ships.

XCV330 likes this.
  4. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wait what? What preview???

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

saddestmoon likes this.
  6. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually the Enterprise-J took part in a battle to drive the Sphere Builders back into their transdimensional realm. There are two fixed points with that which basically have to occur, which have a knock-on effect to 2153, via Sphere Builders creating those spheres inside the Delphic Expanse and communicating to the Xindi.

Losing that future battle sets the wheels in motion for the Sphere Builders to plot revenge at the Federation in the past, by attempting to undermine it's creation by using the Xindi as proxy to attack Earth. And creation of the spheres to enlarge the Expanse to encompass more and more of Federation space.

And of course, there are Xindi crewmembers serving in Starfleet aboard Enterprise-J to further persuade Archer of an alliance that will some day exist.

The Battle at Procyon V has to happen. Berman-era Trek always favours pre-destination paradox over alternate realities with time travel. Daniels points at a distant relation to the Enterprise NX-01 among the combating starships. Ergo, the Enterprise-J must exist! :D

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    XCV330 likes this.
  7. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I missed that!! Thanks :D

F. King Daniel likes this.
  8. KepperC

KepperC Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'd love to see there being a montage of all of them blowing up and the Federation losing like 95% of its officers. Something big, bold and brutal.

9. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Well, no. The Sphere Builders were ultimately defeated in the 22nd century, so that battle never happened.

10. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

You might not have.

When I first watched the new episode it was before the end credits, however, when I rewatched it again last night with the rest of the family it was gone. Not sure why it was removed.

11. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Interestingly, we see a scene where someone hands someone else a vial with the registry 'NCC-4744...' on it, the rest of the numbers being obscured by the person's finger. If this is a reference to the U.S.S. Relativity NCV-474439-G from VOY, then they already knew about the change from NCC to NCV and just ignored it.

12. yenny

yenny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Beside the Hiawatha type starship. There was Miranda type and a unknown type starship in the back ground. The Miranda had a hole in it side. There look like there's a T'Pul class type starship as well. Plus a fifth unknown starship that is not damage. It look like there's six starships.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    Agony_Boothb likes this.
  13. Replica Picard

Replica Picard Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

OTOH, the 32nd century Starfleet is fragmented and the pieces are out of touch with each other. And the Enterprise would probably be a legendary ship name for all of them, so with each thinking they're responsible for carrying the Federation forward, there's probably a dozen or more different ships ALL named Enterprise. ;)

14. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

That's in TUC

15. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

The NATO phonetic alphabet (if that’s what Starfleet is using for the Enterprise’s lettering system) would actually have ‘Alfa’ as ‘A,’ not ‘Alpha.’ B would be ‘Bravo,’ etc. I don’t think they’re using the Greek alphabet because there wouldn’t be enough letters (e.g. there’s no Greek letter for ‘C.’)

Markonian likes this.
  16. ScottJ85

ScottJ85 Captain Captain

That would be way more interesting than my idea of an old lost technology Enterprise, so I'm all for it.

17. Captain Crow

Captain Crow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If it is the Relativity then it now having "NCC" instead of "NCV" could be due to the time travel ban rather than a production gaffe.

NCV, as for as we know, is the prefix used for Federation timeships. When the time travel ban occurred the Relativity was converted to a standard vessel and had its registry prefix changed to "NCC".

18. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I mean that they could start using Greek letters.

19. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That ship on the far right of the crash scene appears to be a Hoover-Class from Season 1 (with possibly modified or damaged nacelles)

[​IMG]

20. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

They're either modified or just the same nacelles that are damaged.

Tuskin38 likes this.