Latest acquisition!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Therin of Andor, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Oh great, you're going to turn this from a Trek tat thread to a Trek vs Orville thread.

2. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Nah... this'll remain a Trek tat thread.

Anyone who wants to discuss The Orville, there's a Sci-Fi forum on this board for that :)

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was not my intention at all, I was just wondering if he'd seen it.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

So it has a lot in common with Discovery. :lol:

5. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

[​IMG]
    New Trek comics
    by Ian McLean, on Flickr

New this week: IDW's "TNG: Terra Incognita" #5 in the current Mirror Universe mini-series, and three cover choices for Issue #3 of the "Star Trek vs Transformers" crossover comic.

6. Therin of Andor

I have the glossy cinema programs for TMP, ST II and ST III since those films premiered but only recently realized that there were Japanese-language versions for ST IV, V and VI! Three recent eBay purchases!

[​IMG]
    Japanese movie programs
    by Ian McLean, on Flickr

This week’s “Waypoint” Special from IDW came out. It includes four stories. One, “Consider Eternity”, is a long-anticipated post-ST:TMP story...

[​IMG]
    Waypoint Special comic
    by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Used some of a Christmas gift card to get digital collection of ST:TNG: Through the Mirror, the Prime TNG /MU TNG crossover comic book miniseries.

8. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For Christmas I got the complete TOS tv episode Novelizations by James Blish in a really nice leather bound book. Also I got some really cool Star Trek Tos playing cards and a Star Trek Tos Calendar.

9. Therin of Andor

It's not "complete", more of a "best of..."

"This anthology collects 45 classic episodes that aired in the series’ first three seasons."

BillJ likes this.
  10. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Yep. If it is the same one I have...

11. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

But it IS a nicely produced book. I hope they do a second volume with the rest of Blish's stories, though.

BillJ likes this.
  12. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I still have the 3-book anniversary set that reprinted the Blish adaptations in episode production order by season, but which for some reason left out the two Mudd adaptations that J.A. Lawrence did in Mudd's Angels. Which is annoying, since I no longer have Mudd's Angels.

13. Therin of Andor

It annoyed me, too, but then I realised that the renamed "Mudd's Enterprise", with lovely new artwork of Roger C Carmel, made a handsome companion to the three-volume anniversary set.

[​IMG]
    Mudd's Enterprise
    by Ian McLean, on Flickr

14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

That's the thing, though. Getting that book, under any title, would require getting the really bad original Mudd story that J.A. Lawrence wrote to fill out the last half or so of the volume after the episode adaptations. My dislike for that story was why I sold my copy of the book to begin with. If only the adaptations had been included in their proper places in the 3-volume set, I could have them without needing to have "The Business, as Usual, During Altercations" thrown in as well.

15. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have the the 3 book set of TOS tv novelizations James Blish I bought back in the 1990s. I also found a new Star trek magazine at the grocery store pulished by Parade magazine it's got articles and interviews about all the Star trek tv series and the J.J. Abrams Star trek movies too.

16. Therin of Andor

[​IMG]
    New "Little Golden Books" and a parody manual
    by Ian McLean, on Flickr

"I am Captain Kirk" by Frank Berrios and "I am Mr Spock" by Elizabeth Schaefer, the first ever "Star Trek" titles in the long-running "Little Golden Books" series. Both books illustrated by Ethen Beavers. In the centre is a 1992 parody of a Starfleet manual I found on eBay.

17. McDuck

McDuck Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Amazon says my copy of Star Trek Shipyards Star Trek Starships: 2151-2293 will arrive tomorrow, and I haven't been this excited for a book in some time.

My Trek reading mostly revolved around New Frontier and the DS9/TNG Relaunch. New Frontier sort of fizzled away and I got behind on the DS9R/TNGR series when life got in the way and now I'm 437 books behind, so this Shipyards is a step back in the right direction. :lol:

Kilana2 and Therin of Andor like this.
  18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I feel a bit weird saying this as a single childless 30 year old, but I'm finding myself kind of tempted to get the little Golden Books. I love their art style.

19. Therin of Andor

Double or nothing here.

A third is coming, based on "The Trouble With Tribbles". Sadly, they forgot to acknowledge the original author, David Gerrold, or give an "adapted from..." credit.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just got the e-book version of The Iron Codex, the second book in @David Mack's original historical fantasy series, Dark Arts.

David Mack likes this.