Ladies... * * Kirk or Spock? * * Who is sexier?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by ALF, Jun 3, 2009.

?

Who is the sexier Star Trekker?

1. Chris Pine as Kirk!

80 vote(s)
    52.3%
  2. Zachary Quinto as Spock!

73 vote(s)
    47.7%
  1. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

Chris's family have been working-class actors; and were his grandmother alive, she'd be celebrating her 80th anniversary starting in show business. Chris has said the unglamorous side of the business grounds his perspective; and that shows in his approach to interviews, which is fairly workaday. He and Zach have fun in them, but Zach looks to be the impressionable one to me.

2. Maxum

Maxum Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I agree with you that Chris is less accustom to the media spotlight than Zach. A hit television series (or at least it use to be) has propelled Zach to stardom. However, I do think that Chris has more acting experience in a broader range of roles, including television, flim, and theater work. Even now, he's going back to the theater, and Zach is returning to Heroes.

I think Quinto is more comfortable in an interview, as he's done more, but Chris has become more comfortable over time. Star Trek has made Chris a star, and the offers are pouring in for him (filming with Denzel Washington starts in the fall), and I'm sure once Zach's stint on Heroes ends, he will also be taking more roles. I think both guys are great.

3. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

Chris has had a stage career before now. calling him "shy and new" is not exactly correct. either way, he doesn't strike me as "shy" at all. he's pretty mouthy and oozes with self-confidence -- something that bagged him the role of Kirk in the first place.

Zach may have a strong vocabulary, but Chris knows Zach enough and has the confidence as to when to poke gentle fun at Zach's perceived know-how.

Chris is not a high school drop-out. he graduated from Berkeley with a degree in... English.

;)

4. Tribbles

Tribbles Commander Red Shirt

:D Zach does seem like he tries to be a know-it-all sometimes. I can see how that trait might fuel both sides of the (friendly!) debate; trying to get the last word about everything can sometimes be a sign of insecurity rather than confidence. The same could be said about exercising an expansive vocabulary when it perhaps is more appropriate to speak in simple, concise answers.

However, I don't get that vibe from Zach. I think the man just loves to talk and wants to be thorough. He seems to recognize his tendency to carry on, at least.

I love watching Zach and Chris together because of how well they interact. I'd much rather watch an interview with both of them than with either one alone.

Glad to hear that Chris is a fellow English major. :D Though it wouldn't surprise me if Zach had the same degree!

5. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know these 2 guys seem to drive the girls crazy.

I was just checking my youtube page statistics, where I have a few interviews from them.

Before Star Trek premiered visits to my page were about 60% males 40% females.
    After the premiere that started changing day by day and now it's 64% females 37% males :lol:

6. Tribbles

I just watched the video you have of them on Extra, SalvorHardin. The fact that you put the word "silliness" in the title drew me in. :) Ha, ha... they did not disappoint!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  7. SalvorHardin

True, that was funny :)

8. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

Links?:adore:

9. SalvorHardin

It's in my sig :p but here's the page anyway http://www.youtube.com/user/SalvorSeldon

10. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

I just subscribed. :D

I just finished half of So NoTORIous. Quinto is so brilliant (and beautiful) in it. I want to savor it before I have to return that beautiful man to Netflix. Thank God I still have him on Heroes.

I'm watching TMP right now. Spock just got on board and, as usual, I cried like a little bitch when he strode on board and asked Chekov permission to come on board.

11. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Zach doesn't seem impressionable at all. He gives off the vibe of someone who doesn't really care what people think and would never do anything just to please other people. (I just remembered a story that J.J. told in an interview, during the shooting of the movie, Zach would rest after all the running he did in the action scenes, and J.J. would tell him "When we were making Mission Impossible, Tom Cruise would exercise in between takes!" Zach just answered: "I'm not Tom Cruise". :D ) He seems very serious about his acting but doesn't seem to care much about the whole celebrity thing. He is nice to fans and ca be in very good mood with some of the interviewers, but he often seems bored with photographers taking his pictures at public events, and I love the moments during some of the interviews when he gets asked a stupid question and glares at the interviewers as if he'd rip his head off :lol: before giving a serious answer that manages to ignore the stupid angle of the question.

He seems like such an offbeat character, not a typical Hollywood person at all. He's founded a production company with some of his friends, called Before the Door - apparently they're currently developing a movie Zach will produce and star in, about the economic crisis. He says he'll play a financial analyst, and that it's a bit like Glengarry Glen Ross. Did you see his Youtube channel (or rather, his production company's YT channel)? http://www.youtube.com/user/beforethedoor The video he posted (and wrote a note for), a short movie made by his friends http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUdm5oOnt7o Totally bizarre stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUdm5oOnt7o

12. Cassy4

Cassy4 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hmm...I'll have to check out some of these interviews. I could see them acting cute together, playing off each other's charisma, kind of like in the movie. Plus, I've never seen Zachary Quinto on video in real life. It'll be interesting to see if I think he's as hot when he's not being Spock.

13. Tribbles

Cassy, I wasn't interested in the actors at first, either. I was head over heels for Spock after seeing the movie, but I saw a picture of Quinto and thought "meh." Not unattractive, but he simply didn't get me going. However, after the many lovely pictures and interviews linked in this thread, I have a new appreciation of both Chris and Zach. They're just too funny to watch when doing interviews together. They like to goof off, and you can tell they've been good friends for awhile. :)

14. Cassy4

Question for all Spock/ZQ fangirls/fanboys: is it alright if I make a thread for the appreciation of all things Spock with an emphasis on ZQ playing him?
    I think it was mentioned before. I'm not familiar with the rules of the Star Trek Fandom... it isn't too light hearted to have a fluff thread for fangirls and boys to all squeal their love for a certain pointy eared vulcan, is it? :)

From what I've seen of this thread I would think their would be a demand for a Spock/ZQ thread. Am I right?? I just need a place to endlessly type my fangirl love :adore:

15. Cassy4

Thank you Salvor Hardin, for those highly entertaining interviews! Can I call you Salv for short? They are so cute together (as friends I mean, ZQ and CP). Tribbles I think I'm starting to appreciate them better too.:):)

16. Possum

Possum Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think this thread should be called the brainwashing thread- not that its necessarily a bad thing. :) I had no interest in seeing ZQ in anything and am now thinking I'll probably be putting Heroes in my Netflix. I remember when the series premiered it sounded interesting. At the time I didn't have reception and now I don't have network TV so I haven't seen a single episode.

17. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

No-one's complained so far about our Karl Urban thread, so I say go for it :)

18. indranee

yeah, he's not impressionable at all. very savvy, very intelligent, and a very perceptive man, that one.

19. indranee

well, we'll just have to bind and gag M'Sharak. so it's not a problem. ;)

seriously, yes, go for it! :)

20. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, this place isn't uptight about the types of topics that are started, or where the conversation leads, like other places I've run across.