Ladies... * * Kirk or Spock? * * Who is sexier?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by ALF, Jun 3, 2009.

?

Who is the sexier Star Trekker?

1. Chris Pine as Kirk!

80 vote(s)
    52.3%
  2. Zachary Quinto as Spock!

73 vote(s)
    47.7%
  1. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

[PHLOX]I have pictures![/PHLOX]

:lol:

2. indranee

great vid! :techman:

3. mythicdove

mythicdove Commander Red Shirt

LOL

Pictures and cookies!

4. miniglik

miniglik Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

And Quinto, in general, has the fangirl internet edge too, given his popularity before the movie came out. I've noticed a "score one for the little guys!" reaction when he won a poll before. I don't know why, he's obviously a good looking man with a large fanbase playing a very well-liked character who loves his mama, is loyal to his woman, and has The Angst. Of course he's popular with the ladies. (Even though I still don't feel the attraction myself, it is only logical that plenty of people would.)

5. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

Phlox has leeches (that look like chanterelles). :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

I have never paid attention to the words to Circus, but I like it now Oh, well.

7. NileQT87

NileQT87 Commander Red Shirt

Another Spock vote.

1) Spock
    2) McCoy
    3) Chekov
    4) Kirk

And just because, a few ZQ-licious .gifs I made recently (I plan to make some ST-related ones, too--forgive me, I watched all 3 seasons of Heroes this week):

[​IMG][​IMG]

Cute with and without the eyebrows. LOL. Though, the Spock ears are a definite plus. As a genre fan, pointed ears, fangs, etc... are always hot.

On TOS, however, my list is a Spock/McCoy tie (Nimoy's Spock is the most interesting character, but I honestly find Kelley's McCoy more attractive). Shatner, even at his peak, does nothing for me. Though I find George Takei's Sulu to be way worse than Shatner's Kirk.

Put together:

1) Spock (Quinto)
    2) McCoy (Urban)
    3) Chekov (Yelchin)
    4) McCoy (Kelley)
    5) Spock (Nimoy)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  8. Laila

Laila Ensign Red Shirt

I've been a lurker, but I registered to vote for Kirk. I was more of TNG fan previously, but Chris Pine's Kirk, in addition to being sexy, just totally made the movie for me. Urban is second on my sexy list.

I'll submit a picture for my captain:

http://img.trekmovie.com/images/st09/pinechair01.jpg

[Images posted inline need to be hosted on webspace belonging to you. Converting this to a link. - M']

One of my favorite scenes with Spock's "out of the chair." Kirk just looked like he belonged there already.

I really liked Quinto as Spock, but I agree with those who said they find him asexual. I thought the Spock/Uhura romance was sweet, but not particularly sexy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2009
  9. Crusher Disciple

^ Welcome Laila!

10. Laila

Laila Ensign Red Shirt

Thanks Crusher Disciple! :)

11. Vicki

Vicki Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

What You Guys Said. All of it.

Who would have thought, 40 years later, the only Emmy winner in the bunch would be Shatner. Twice!

Makes my head hurt.

12. VulKhan

VulKhan Lieutenant Red Shirt

Welcome Laila! ;) ;)

13. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

I prefer Shatner's Kirk, but I am quite fond of Pine's blue eyes.

14. Sanae

Sanae Lieutenant Red Shirt

Since menage-à-trois isn't an option and I do like guys who are blond and blue eyed, then I'll pick Chris Pine's Kirk. Also, personality wise, I prefer Kirk over Spock.

PS: May I ask why McCoy isn't on the list either? If my doctor was THAT sexy, I would get myself down for a weekly check-out. :p

15. Crusher Disciple

Oh, don't worry. Mc Coy's getting plenty of love here at the BBS. :D

16. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

Hi, Laila and Sanae. :) So nice of you to decloak! This thread is pretty passionate. :lol:

17. Maxum

Maxum Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I had to delurk to vote for Kirk (and Chris Pine) too.

I think I find Kirk sexier because of Chris' performance. It's not just that he's gorgeous, but I like what he brings to the character. Even though Kirk is cocky and flirty, there's also no doubt that a lot of that bravado is a show. I loved how Chris shows the vulnerable side of Kirk whenever his father is mentioned. That's a really open wound for him, and it came through several times during the movie. He also has a genuine compassion for his fellow crewmates. Kirk, despite his dislike of Spock, really did not like the suggestion from Spock Prime that he had to compromise the younger Spock. You could see it in Kirk's eyes that he wasn't happy about it.

I think Quinto's Spock is very attractive, but I don't find him hot. Chris Pine's Kirk just leaps off the screen.

18. Crusher Disciple

Welcome, Maxum! :)

I got ticket to see the movie for a 4th time with my parents tonight. *sigh* I have missed my pretty pretty boys.

19. indranee

true, very true. good post :)

and welcome to the board! :)

20. Sanae

Sanae Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi Jeri! You're making me sound like a Bird of Prey (LOL).

And Crusher Disciple, thanks for pointing out those two threads. Dr McCoy deserves the love he gets (both the TOS and the 2009 version!).

Also, to Maxum, you've put my thoughs into words. Chris Pine really is an awesome actor and I loved how he managed to make Kirk his own without ruining our image of Shatner's Kirk (which was also awesome).

That said, I find Zach Quinto to be very sexy too...hence my urgent motion to have the menage-à-trois option in this poll. ;)