Kobe Bryant Has Died

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jim Klag, Jan 26, 2020.

1. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lakers vs Clippers game on Tuesday postponed. I believe Kobe would have called that "soft". :)

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I also want to clarify what I mean a bit by my post because I have been thinking about how other people might be reading it.

If a sexual encounter that turned from consensual to rape through missed signals and ignorance occurred, I am in no way condoning it or defending it, I'm just saying it's a nuance to take into consideration when calibrating how harshly you judge him as a human being, especially now that he's dead.

3. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

None.

He was simply accused. No crime was ever proven or confirmed. The charges were dropped. His only real indiscretion that night, and it was a big one, was adultery.

Mr. Laser Beam and fireproof78 like this.
  4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Am I the only one who thinks it a little creepy that there is already a "Death of Kobe" on Hulu? Like the powers that be just have a TV special ready for every human and they just add in 2-3 minutes on what killed them?

5. crookeddy

Do you give Michael Jackson the same benefit of the doubt?

6. gblews

Why would they not be the words of an innocent man? These were the terms of the settlement of Katelin’s allegations. He didn’t admit anything other than the fact that the two of them disagreed about the nature of their encounter which is something we already knew.

When I first heard the statement I laughed because by the time it was released, we already knew about her civil lawsuit. My assumption was that she thought this completely innocuous statement represented some vindication for her sudden refusal to testify.

7. gblews

Yes.

8. crookeddy

What happened to "believe her"! Sparked by the Me Too movement...

9. gblews

If you have a cogent point to make about the sex assault allegations against Kobe, please make them rather than asking inane questions for vague purposes.

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  10. crookeddy

I'm still trying to figure out how to feel.

11. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Michael was...messed up in a way I don't think any of us could ever understand. I'm not sure he knew he was doing anything wrong in his mind.

But it's always easier to condemn someone when they can no longer defend themselves. We hadn't heard anything about Kobe's indiscretion for years, and now?

12. crookeddy

It's complicated, but for the most part it is being ignored.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.