Klingons, Other Series, and the Nehret

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Mres_was_framed!, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Mres_was_framed!

Mres_was_framed! Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Not sure if this should be in a Voyager forum or Trek Tech. In "Prophecy," it is revealed the Klingons have a disease that will kill them in their old age. My question for everyone to ponder is this: Do only the Klingons on the generations ship have this, and then the baby only saves those 100 or so warriors, or is it that, in the final season chronologically of the TNG era, it was revealed that all Klingons have this condition, and may have been motivated to die as warriors and not die in bed because the Nehret could have killed them at any time? In this case, would it not be that B'lanna's baby could help shift the lifestyle of their actual entire race?

2. Tosk

Tosk Vice Admiral Admiral

Seeing as we've already witnessed long-lived Klingons (Kor, Kang, and Koloth), I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the virus was one that that particular ship picked up during its journey.

3. Mres_was_framed!

Mres_was_framed! Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

At first watching the episode years ago my initial reaction was the same as yours. But after thinking about it, with the Nehret compared with old age, I started to think that maybe the Klingons in "Prophecy" were already old, and that the episode could impky that the Nehret could strike at any time or age, meaning some Klingons would die young (and they want to do it in battle), while others might live to be old warriors who need to reclaim their importance before dying (like Kor seemed in some DS9 appearances).