June Art Challenge: Animal Kingdom

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Tosk, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I don't have a long intro for this one. Mostly I just hope that it's an art challenge that hasn't been done before. I'll change it real quick if it has. :)

This might seem a little weird, but I want to take a peek into an alternate reality where animals evolved instead of humans...but they still formed Starfleet and pushed out to the stars.

Use any animal you like, and whatever twist on Trek you want to.

Think "Planet of the Apes" in Starfleet. Or maybe, "What if the Enterprise crew were all cats?" or even, "Hey, what kind of starship would a fish use?"

2. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

I see Redfern showing up for this one ... :D

Are we looking for animals that evolved into humanoid or similar forms, or that evolved mentally but retain pretty much their original form? Dolphins with cybernetic arms, cats that are more like 'Puss in Boots' than M'Ress - that sort of thing?

3. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Totally up to the artist. Just so long as they have evolved in some way from how we know them today. Talking dogs, cybernetic pelicans, communist meerkats...it's all good. ;)

4. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Damn! I thought Communist meerkats was my original idea! Now all the ones standing on my monitor look somehow disapproving ...

5. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm currently migrating to a new PC and I can see it's gonna' take some time to re-establish my "runtimes" and other directories. I don't see my system being ready to do anything before time runs out.

Sincerely,

Bill

6. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

There's always ... a pencil ;)

7. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

^Why, that's just crazy talk...

8. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Hmmmm ... June 20, and I see only 1 thread on this challenge (like I'm one to talk!). We've seen lots of anthropomorphic variants in fan-created Trek - I'm kind of surprised that no one else but chardman has taken up the torch. Must be these hot summer days! (Daze!)

9. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Dang, have I killed the challenge this month with my selection? I thought it'd be an easy one...although my own attempt at a picture hasn't gone so well. Sigh.

Maybe I should just enter it anyway, embarrassment be damned..

10. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

Just posting mine now, been really busy... :D