Jimmy Savile

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Starkers, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I would not be surprised if Gadd cuts some kind of deal with the police for immunity for naming, shaming and verifing Savile actions..........it will be intresting to see how this pans out with him.

2. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Not surprised they've taken Glitter in for questioning. Wonder if they'll take Freddie Starr in?!

3. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

They've let him go on bail now.

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Which is fairly usual. I'll be amazed if he doesn't end up charged with something given how many victims are coming out of the woodwork at last, I just wonder who else will end up stained by this?

5. Haggis and tatties

I am suprised J King has not been brought into this yet....if i remember correctly there were rumours from Kings legal side way back early in his case that JS was also involved in the operation that caught King, along with a few other named celebs........ but they were warned off by the police.

6. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I had forgotten about King.

I think what's going to be tricky from the police's perspective is trying to seperate the abused from the (likely) young women who willingly threw themselves at celebrities back then. Not saying that makes it right if underage girls were involved, but might just muddy the water enough for a clever lawyer to get someone off. I saw a quote from the Quo's Rick Parfitt talking about what the girls in the TOTP audience were like at times and there'll always been teenagers smitten with rock stars and the like (obviously Savile doesn't fall into this category but Glitter might) although even if they weren't underage, and went willingly into a dressing room, it doesn't follow that they knew what they were letting themselves in for.

7. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

This is no different from any night out situation for girls, really.

8. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Isn't Jonathan King dead as well?

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

No apparently he's still alive and still protesting his innocence.

10. Haggis and tatties

Savile banned from Children in need while being allowed to host other child tv programmes............although i do see that there are those who are using this to bash the BBC with, its hard to defend them when you get stuff like this coming out.....its almost coming across a air of tolerance at the BBC at this stage from TPTB.

11. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Hmm, seemed more like people suspected there was something fishy about him but lacked evidence to do anything about it, so just kept him away from their particular area. If anything the beaurocracy of the BBC helped Savile cos various areas weren't talking to each other about it, or at least that's how it seemed.

But then the police are guilty, if that's the right word, of something similar. Some chief constable has said that if three constabularies who'd had complaints made about Savile had known about each other, it would have highlighted a pattern of abuse.

I just dislike how the Beeb is taking all the flack over this given the police and NHS seem equally culpable.

12. Haggis and tatties

I have no doubt the NHS and police will be next in line, the tabliods like to spin these things out so once they are done with the BBC the police and NHS will be next.

13. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

After the Murdoch hacking scandal nothing would suprise me when it comes to the british police.

14. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Freddie Starr now taken in for question before being bailed.

They'll be after Orville soon :(

15. Bob The Skutter

Maybe they were being euphemistic when the papers printed "Freddie Starr Ate My Hamster"?

There seems to be an odd thing going on where people are secretly wishing there's going to be loads more of this that will seep out of the wood work, while at the same time going on about how horrible and disgusting it is.

16. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

The Germans have a good word for it, Pooh.

17. Bob The Skutter

Maybe I should learn German then. Guess I should be brushing up on my rubbish French too.

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I wonder if there is more to come out to be honest. Given that Starr only seems to have one accusation against him, that he groped a 14 yr old girl, the police seem to be making a bit of a meal of it. Not that for one minute I'm condoning what he did if it's true, but compared to what Savile was up to it seems very small scale. Of course maybe they've had further complaints against him since the first one came out.

Have to say seeing him sitting next to his finance who's half his age he did look a mite creepy!

19. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

The problem is who can tell after this period of time? There are going to a lot of cranks mixed in with genuine cases - I'd envy the police trying to work out which is which decades later.

20. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah its gonna be a hell of a mess!