Jeri Ryan brings Borg back to 'Star Trek Online' as well as 'Picard'

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Danja, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Danja

Danja Captain Captain

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    RedShirt2009 likes this.
  2. thribs

thribs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Anyone played it yet? What’s it like?

3. Noname Given

Noname Given Admiral Admiral

It's also the first time they're been able to get a series lead actor to do VO for them (since Leonard Nimoy at the game's launch 10 years ago.) as Sonequa Martin-Green is doing VO for the same mission and is teamed up with 7 of 9.

As for playing through the two new missions with them in them, just got home and downloading the patch. :crazy:

4. thribs

I would say getting Issacs was the bigger deal. I know he wasn’t the lead but he certainly acted like it in season one. Show hasn’t been the same without him.

the patches are annoying. I haven’t played on my pc in ages so I have to update everything which is a pain.

Danja likes this.
  5. Tirius

Tirius Captain Captain

Spoiler free review: Story-wise, the 2-part mission was very much a trip down STO memory lane. The ending was fan service dialed up to 47, but I surprised myself with how much I liked that. Gameplay-wise... yeah, I don't do that well in ground combat and that showed. Nice environment art though, and although having Seven and Burnham along for it was a bit random, I enjoyed their company. I also liked the design of our main alien quest giver.

For further fun, check out the '10 years of STO' infographic on the Cryptic website. I had a few good laughs with that one...

Tuskin38 and Danja like this.
  6. thribs

I did like the Borg/Control discussion and most of Seven’s dialogue. She sounds more sarcastic here than before. Also a drastic hair change in a year.

7. Danja

Danja Captain Captain

She's always liked her zingers:

8. thribs

True but she says them now with a bit more of a attitude.

Danja likes this.
  9. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

This looks interesting, i may fire it up and see if its any good.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  10. Yistaan

Yistaan Commodore Commodore

Ok wait, what? Where and how do Seven of Nine and Burnham meet? Did Discovery stop off at the 24th or 25th century on their way to the 32nd?

11. Noname Given

Noname Given Admiral Admiral

At the start you join up with 7 of 9 (with a updated character model based on the STP SDCC trailer) to investigate possible new Borg activity. As you are adjusting a satellite to better detect traces of the Borg (with 7 of 9 now on board) -- you're scanned and 'dragged' by the Excalbians to Excalbia where you are hailed by Abraham Lincoln (see TOS S3 - "The Savage Curtain") and told the Excalbians have brought you there for a follow up 'Test' on the merits of Good & Evil because they've been arguing over the results of the last such test since Kirk and Co left. You and 7 of 9 beam down and find that to round out the team of 'Good' they've recreated a version of Michael Burnham to join you.

The Burnham recreation only recalls events that are part of the actual historical record (IE - The Discovery was lost with all hands in a battle with 'Control' - the rogue Section 31 A.I. although said A.I. was ultimately defeated.) And that's what your character knows from 'history' as well.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    Yistaan likes this.
  12. Yistaan

Yistaan Commodore Commodore

Ok thanks for the explanation. :)

Danja likes this.
  13. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I will say there is one scene in part 2 that if you aren't squeeing just a little bit, you are probably dead inside.

14. thribs

I’m on part 2 but I got stuck on the Borg part. I wouldn’t revive. I’ll finish it soon enough.

15. Azselendor

Azselendor Ensign Red Shirt

fyi, for those with female captains or just like playing with dressing up your space barbies, they've added Seven of Nine's French Twist hair from Voyager and Wavy Long hair from Picard. It's a two-tone hair but the interface is wonky so you'll need to use Punk or another two-tone hair to set the colors.

16. RedShirt2009

RedShirt2009 Ensign Newbie

Starfleet Command, San Francisco Bay Area
    Very, very good

17. thribs

That ending was very good. Especially since I was using the Enterprise J ship at the time. Made a good picture.

18. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Played list of part 1. Burnham and Seven seemed reasonable representations.

19. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Now this is more like it, just finished part one, i like the choices part and they did a great job with the TOS stuff, so this seems to have a good bit of replay value to get all the outcomes, very good.....and no grind in sight, a double win. lol

Danja likes this.