Jennifer Lien status

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Drone, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Smoked Salmon

Smoked Salmon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes indeed. I don't find it very realistic. But celebrity worship, even subtle, unconscious celebrity worship, has never been very logical. It is driven by the created public persona of a person who, in reality, is mostly a complete stranger to the beholder.

2. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

And we also have some Voyager fans who do the exact opposite, trying to find, point out and even invent all possible faults and failures of the actress and the character. Actually jumping on every bone of negativity like a dog who has been starved for months.

We are a funny bunch, aren't we? :)

3. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

Your accusation of something negative being invented is exactly what I'm referring to. I know you love her but even so it's ok that she has flaws. She is ony human. You should be able to accept that she is not perfect.

Even those that dont like her or the character are able to to say something positive about her. The opposite does not seem to be true.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    KennyB and Smoked Salmon like this.
  4. Sophie74656

I'm sure we all had that person in school. The one that was mean to you and gave you a hard time byt to their own friends they were the nicest sweetest person.

KennyB and Smoked Salmon like this.
  5. Lynx

I have never denied that she has flaws and if you go through my posts in the threads about her run-ins with the law the recent years, then you can see that I'm not defending her misdemanors or support them in any way. Nor do I pretend that they haven't happened.

But I do find it really sad when there are posters who constantly pecks on the actress and/or the character, constantly trying to find something to criticize and never have anything positive to write about neither the actress, nor the character.

As for the recent activities in this thread, due to earlier experiences on other forums, I can't help being a bit suspicious when newcomers all of a sudden steps in to trash the actress, coming up with things which totally contradicts all other statements I've read about named actress.

And even if those accusations should turn out to be true, I still don't see the purpose of trashing someone for events that have happened more than 25 years ago. I must state that it do look like some personal vendetta in that case.

6. Sophie74656

Saying something less than flsttering isn't trashing and doesn't mean they have a personal vendetta. It just goes against what you see her as in your imagination so you're taking any slightly negative comment about her personally

Smoked Salmon likes this.
  7. Lynx

I'm still curious why someone jumps into a forum and starts dragging up possible events from 25 years ago. I mean, if one of my old schoolmates were a celebrity in the musc business and I would jump into a forum about that possible band, music style or artist and would start trashing that person for things that happened when we both were shoolkids, then most of the people on that forum should wonder what the purpose with all that was and probably suspect some old feud being the reason for it.

And I don't take any slightly negative comment about Jennifer Lien personally. If that had been the fact, then I would have gone berserk in those threads when her recent problem are discussed. As you can see, that never happened.

8. Sophie74656

It's a thread about Jennifer Lien. That person made a post about Jennifer Lien. You are digging for something inflamatory that isn't there.

9. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

It is creepy you have accused a person posting recollections from 25 years ago of being secretly other people who have an agenda against you from your past. Take some steps back.

If you knew Lien in school you would probably hear of her troubles, google out of curiosity and this thread would be on the top of the search.

10. Lynx

Ah, you are exaggerating it.

What I actually wrote was that I'm a bit suspicious to posts like those because they reminds me of certain posters which I encountered in the past.

To make it clear, I don't think that Notribbles is any of those posters because nothing in his writing looks like what those not so nice people were coming up with. Honestly, they were easily revealed and I see nothing of it here.

Happy now?

However, I still wonder about the purpose of jumping in with the accusations which were in those posts.

I can tell you a true story. I had a classmate once who ended up in jail for something which could be classified as a terrorist crime. He was a crazy guy already as a kid and I never liked him. But when that was discussed on a political forum, I didn't jump in and described his antics as a kid. I saw no reason to do so even if I could have contributed with some not so nice comments.

11. Sophie74656

What accusations?

The only "accusation" is that she wasn't a perdectly wonderful perfect person.

12. Lynx

I wonder that too! :confused:

13. teacake

They aren't "accusations". They are recollections. Saying someone was mean and also achieved a lot of things in high school is not an accusation of anything. That you take it that way says more about you than the posts.

14. Lynx

Can we please avoid personal attacks.

15. Sophie74656

There was no personal attack

If this was an attack on you then the things you said about others would seem like an attack as well

16. Lynx

It was a not so nice reference to me in that post.

17. teacake

You mean calling you out on your language which takes a new posters recollections and makes them an agenda of malice?

Sophie74656 likes this.
  18. teacake

I just realized Jennifer Lien's son was on Shameless, several episodes. This is great, nice to see one of them doing well (I don't know what the other son is doing).

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You got all the way through Shameless? Congratulations. I punk'd out quickly into season 3.

My great casting revelation, was that mother from Shameless, 30 years ago, has always been the pop singer from China Beach.

20. Sophie74656

It was no worse than what you have been saying about another poster