Contest: VOTE January Art Challenge - Transporter Malfunctions - Please vote!

Please vote for your favourite transporter malfunction

• Cyfa

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Starscape

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Orac

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Lord Other

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Michael

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No vote - only view results

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyfa

Commodore
Commodore
Well, January's art challenge theme turned out to be pretty popular as we had five takes on Transporter Malfunctions. So, now that all entries have materialised it's time for you to have a look at what's on the pad and vote for your favourite - or at least the one you think emerged from the pattern buffer relatively intact...
fCCSQnY.gif

The winner will get to parade around in the "Fan Art Challenge Winner" sash, but it's not all Champagne and gala openings as they'll also have to host February's challenge: Wrong Episode Posters!

Cyfa's Lower Decks puppetry
LDS%20Transporter%20Malfunction%20-%20by%20Cyfa.jpg

@Starscape's "Bream me up, Scotty!"
ng6vZX0.jpg

@Orac's "The Thing With Two Heads"
1BxukOB.gif

@Lord Other's "The Kuato X-periment
Kuato-Xperiment-Final.png

@Michael's Twovix
Io8sUfa.jpeg

Thank you for voting!

Congratulations on another very well-deserved win, @Cyfa! Your entry was just too funny and perfectly executed.

Thanks to everyone who participated and to everyone who voted, of course! This was a fun one and I’m so glad I was able to work out my idea, which I’m rather proud of, if I may say so myself. I feel like I discovered a sort of new style for myself and I hope to do more work like that in the future.

Speaking of which … the theme for February’s contest is “Wrong Episode Posters”, as was voted here. Looking forward to what people come up with.
Y2HwmDq.gif

A fantastically well executed entry, @Cyfa. Congrats on the win. :techman:

I really admire your entry too, @Michael, it's very effective. I often think about ditching the gags and attempting a straight challenge entry, relying on talent alone, but I'm not brave enough. :lol:

I really admire your entry too, @Michael, it's very effective. I often think about ditching the gags and attempting a straight challenge entry, relying on talent alone, but I'm not brave enough. :lol:
Thank you! But … dude, you’re one of the most talented people around here! Gags or no, there’s always something interesting, clever, special or moving to find in your works. :)

But yes, after first thinking about how best to approach the theme from a humorous standpoint, I then just decided, heck, why not go for something more earnest that doesn't care about making people laugh? I’m not surprised this didn’t turn out to be my most popular work for others, but it’s the first thing I created in a while that genuinely means something to me personally.

Wow, thank you everyone - I get to keep the sash! I really liked all the entries - amusing and earnest - and I'm happy to see that each one was someone's favourite.
TdgteYJ.gif

I'll put up this month's challenge in a little while (or tomorrow morning if I get interrupted in the meantime).

Back