Jack Lord as Captain Kirk

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by TerragonSix, Oct 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

Random thought; with everything TNG took from unused Cage and Phase 2 content, I wonder if Picard was spun from Pike phonetically.

ZapBrannigan likes this.
  2. hbquikcomjamesl

hbquikcomjamesl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So far as I know, it was a nod to the Piccard (note the double-c) family of explorers of balloon and bathyscaphe fame.

3. VR518

VR518 Cadet Newbie

Wrong on all counts. Jack never picked on James. I knew people who worked on the show, and they never Jack picking on James. The two had arguments about acting methods, and James took some things personally, but there was no schoolyard bullying on a daily level that some people implied. If James was being picked on by Jack so much, why even stay for 11 years? He didn't need the money. James got tired of the storylines, he claimed.

William Smith did not keep Jack on his toes. A friend of Jack's with whom I work now was on the set during Seasons 11 and 12 did not see any discord between Jack and William. They didn't speak to each other, but they did not argue. William has a burr under his saddle because Jack didn't talk to him, like these guys are in elementary school!

4. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fair enough, but like you've said that's what people have said and written in numerous magazines! Wonder why Jack Lord didn't speak to ol' Falconetti..err I mean William Smith? Maybe he was jealous of his big muscles and his ability to speak six languages? :lol:
    JB

5. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh darn!

6. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

I can just visualize Lord saying Kirk's line in "Mirror, Mirror".......

"I order you...let-me-go!"

7. Esteban

Esteban Commander Red Shirt

You speak truth. Well done.

8. VR518

VR518 Cadet Newbie

What they write in magazines is nonsense. Most of it is made up. I knew a woman who was friends with David Hedison. She worked with him on three books, and when she used some information from those movie magazines, David cut it all out, calling some words she couldn't repeat to me. He told her most of what is printed in those magazines is false and made up by the writers and editors. I even noticed some information was plagiarized from other magazines. Some would take bits and pieces of articles or whole articles and reprint them as though they were brand new information.

William Smith did not speak 6 languages any more than Jayne Mansfield spoke 7. Jack knew Hawaiian and some South Pacific languages because of his time spent sailing around them. I don't know why they hired William Smith, but Jack was done by Season 12 and didn't care anymore.

9. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Please take a moment to refresh your memory regarding the posting rules here (pinned at the top of the forum).

In particular: "Resurrecting dead threads. If you find a thread that has not had a post in it in over a year, don't post in it. Start a new thread instead. You can, if necessary, link back to the old thread if something crucial is in the thread."

This thread has been dead for 4 years, so let's let it rest in peace.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.