• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

IUSV Ceridwen

Mudd

TOS and SNW fan
Premium Member
So, I have this movie project that's been going on forever, called Polaris. And believe it or not, it's still going...albeit slowly.

@Maurice is largely spearheading the effort now - doing post, organizing and designing and supervising effects work on the show, shooting additional scenes as necessary...really, about everything you can imagine. If I say it's 95% him and 5% me these days, I'm flattering myself.

I have done a little work on additional writing for the movie, and I've designed or modeled a CG asset or two.

This is one of those. And as I'm getting to the finish line on it, I'm also adapting it for use in illustrating another writing project. So, here it's in livery for that.

Still a work in progress...

work3.jpgwork2.jpgwork 4.jpgfore.jpg
 
Last edited:
Named for the Celtic goddess?

Are the rings for FTL?

What's the mission for this craft?

I'm glad to hear Polaris is still moving forward. :techman:
Yes. Ceridwen.

We already had a Big Bad ship designed that used rings, back around 2009. Vektor modeled our hero ship, based on @aridas sofia's design, which is smaller and one of the coolest spaceships I've ever seen. But we need a couple of big ships for the good guy fleet, so I carried the rings and forward hangar bay and a couple of other things forward from the old baddies' vessel. Just more streamlined.

The rings would be for an FTL drive that's Alcubierre-adjacent.
 
Very sexy!
I love seeing independent projects.
Are you allowed to post the older stuff you mentioned? If not it is cool, I know that can be a no-no.
 
I'd have to load up Saladin to check, but they're similar, I think - Ceridwen is a couple of meters short of a kilometer. Saladin might be...half again that long?
 
Okay, here we go:

Ceridwen: 955 meters
Saladin: 2143 meters
Okay. That's exactly what I needed, because I want to show one of the former in the foreground and the latter behind it and still dwarfing it.
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top