Is this the best summer for TV?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Kirby, Aug 5, 2022 at 10:48 PM.

1. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Normally I just watch baseball during the summer since most of the new programming is garbage, but this year we have Better Call Saul, The Orville, Strange New Worlds, a solid 2nd season of Only Murders in the Building.
    What else has come out this summer that I should watch?

2. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't seen it myself but The Old Man (Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow) is meant to be really good.

3. 1001001

1001001 Do You Really Wanna Taste It? Moderator

Westworld
    Reservation Dogs
    The Righteous Gemstones
    Barry

4. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Premium Member

It resumes next week, but I just rewatched Resident Alien and my opinion of the Second season so far has improved. Still didn't like episode 3 of the season but it was the only episode I had a negative reaction to. The rest still maintained that Season 1 comedy.

5. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sandman, Paper Girls, Ms Marvel, Solar Opposites, Lower Decks soon, Obi Wan Kenobi, Last Week Tonight, Real Time with Bill Maher, The Problem with Jon Stewart, 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022 at 5:55 AM
    Richard S. Ta likes this.
  6. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

7. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Commodore Commodore

For All Mankind, The Sandman, The Boys, Ms Marvel, Obi Wan, LDS, Paper Girls... Then She-Hulk and Andor on the way. There's too many good shows these days.

Oh, Russian Doll!

Yellowjackets. Yellowjackets. That is a show. That is a very good show.

Then there's things from the last few months or years I've only recently caught up with. Squid Game, The Good Place, Cobra Kai, Kim's Convenience, Peaky Blinders...

I think it's a golden age of television. Truly. Alice in Borderland, The Boys, For All Mankind, most likely The Sandman and goodness knows what else renewed for more episodes...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022 at 7:13 PM
  8. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree it's a golden age of television. There's a joke on an episode of Family Guy that everybody recommends the same two shows: Breaking Bad and The Wire. While those are in my top five favorite shows, there are also three that were on this year that I probably annoyingly recommend to my friends and family that they should watch:

The Boys
    Better Call Saul
    Succession

Those are three shows I HAVE to watch the day they come out. There's a few others on TV right now I try to catch either the day of or the day after:

Barry
    Westworld
    What We Do In The Shadows
    Jack Ryan

9. 1001001

1001001 Do You Really Wanna Taste It? Moderator

Yes, Yellowjackets and Succession are both really good.