is lost season 6 worth watching?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by tmosler, Aug 3, 2016.

1. tmosler

tmosler Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi recently I have watched all 5 seasons of lost but am hesitant to watch season 6 since iv heard its bad and also iv seen spoiler's about ending ,so is this season as bad as iv heard?

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I love, love, love Season 1-5 of LOST. Season 6 is definitely a disappointment on a lot of levels, but it also answers all the big questions of the show so it's definitely worth watching. Just lower your expectations :ouch:

3. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked it. And, honestly.... form your own opinion by watching. Never watch or not watch something simply because of what others say.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

It's certainly bot what a lot of fans expected for the show's final season, but I thoroughly enjoyed the "sideways" turn it makes and I think the payoff is worthwhile.

Plus, it managed to do something I didn't think possible: It managed to make me like Jack for the first time since Boone died.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I really enjoyed it; yes, some things get answered and some things don't. But I enjoyed the ride just the same.

6. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't imagine seeing Lost 1-5 but not ever seeing 6, myself. I understand some viewers' frustrations with it, but I also think it has some of the better episodes of the series.

7. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you've made it up to five, then yeah, I'd finish it off. It does answer some questions.

8. stardream

stardream Commodore Commodore

I thought it was worth it.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed Season 6 just as much as the rest of the series. If you enjoyed Seasonset 1-5, then I would recommend watching Season 6.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

If you're paying attention, it answers 90% of the questions about the show. All the important ones.

11. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

You should for sure finish the show. However, watching it in real time through it's run and the drama the creative team put out about how it would wrap was disappointing. The fandom figured it out years ahead but they insisted it was something else, it wasn't. I owned all 5 seasons. I did not buy season 6 and sold the 5 I had. It's one sic-fi show I've fully divested myself of and don't care to ever rewatch.

12. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sorry but you are incorrect on this. The writers added the "fan speculation" part because of the speculation and it wasn't what people were actually thinking it was. (I'm sure that's a confusing sentence.)
    Season 6 is a lot of fun and answers all the important questions while providing enough background to allow you to speculate on the rest. It also pulls a couple of twists that you just don't see coming. Finally the sense of closure to the series was very satisfying for me.
    Fans criticisms tend to be similar to the ones people have about nuBSG. By the time you finish season 5, you know it's a fantasy show so just don't expect any "real world" explanations for the events.

13. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Season 6 is disappointing and the weakest season, but it's entertaining enough and gives a lot of background information about the first five seasons. You should finish it.

@Captain Craig
    If you're talking about the theory I think you're thinking about, that's a misconception based on a misreading of one line in the final scene. Only certain scenes in the last season apply to that theory.

FWIW I think Lost's ending wasn't nearly as disappointing as NuBSG's.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I actually liked the ending of BSG :shrug:

15. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's flawed, but the series finale is only one of two that's ever made me cry (the other being DS9's) so... yes IMO.

"Moving On" on the soundtrack chokes me up every time I listen to it. :wah:

16. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

I wasted something like 90 hours of my life watching Lost but that could be said of most television and so it's only a small percentage of the total wastage.

17. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

If you've watched 1-5 I'd recommend 6. It's not great, but it does answer a lot of questions. I liked Lost, but I found it's not a fun show to re-watch, like Babylon 5. The fun of Lost to me was the mystery, and the episodes always ended with a cliff hanger, but once you know what's coming it's not so much fun any more.

18. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

There were some good things about it but overall I felt the arc of the final season felt like they tried to cram too much into too few episodes, a couple certain things they prophetically teased for over a year didn't leave up to hype, and what really pissed me off was it turned out
    God did everything.

As for Lost season 6, the overall arc was weak but there were some fantastic episodes. Like, there were full episodes for Richard and Jacob's origin stories.

bigdaddy likes this.
  19. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I've heard that some folks weren't too thrilled with the Jacob episode, but I believe pretty much everyone loves the Richard episode, and if nothing else I thought the music in the latter was great. I think that pushed me toward picking up the soundtracks.

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I loved the Jacob episode! It was the big ass revelation episode!

DonIago likes this.