Is Kathleen Kennedy Ruining Star Wars (a catchall thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by crookeddy, Oct 29, 2019.

?

Is Kathleen Kennedy doing a bad job?

1. Yes, she will soon ruin Star Wars

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Yes, she will soon be fired

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. She is doing OK, lets see where she takes the franchise

18 vote(s)
    64.3%
  4. No, Star Wars has never been healthier! Thank you Kathleen!

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You literally admitted to being a full on racist earlier, and now you think it's a joke?

2. Spot261

Spot261 Vice Admiral Admiral

Who's to say there are even humans in the Star Wars universe?

Just because Han and Leia look like us doesn't mean they are the same species....

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

You have an interesting definition of racist. That’s for sure.

Turtletrekker, fireproof78 and XCV330 like this.
  4. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

All-white or 99% white film casts were the default in Hollywood from its inception, even when it was a movie about Mongols or Native Americans or Egyptians, and overwhelmingly white casts are still the norm today despite LA and SoCal being an incredibly diverse area (as are most other popular film locations).

While I don't personally see the need to exclude white actors from a film unless it's about a region or subject matter where that would make sense, instead preferring to see greater proportional representation (relative to population) for minority and female actors, him suggesting that does not in any way make him a racist, because the imbalance in favor of white people over the past century would take decades or more to correct, and being denied one film does not create an exclusion for the hundreds of others being produced in any given year.

You're a frequent shit-stirrer. You're needlessly hostile and go on the attack when it's not called for. Sometimes it's against people who are generally annoying (not including you in that group, fireproof), but it's even when they are not doing anything wrong at the time, so it still makes you come off looking bad or that you're trolling for a response.

Then you have weird over-the-top defensive reactions to stuff like you're part of some oppressed underclass. Get a grip.

5. crookeddy

I've been raised to say what's right, and I will not be oppressed. Will never tolerate trolls nor racists.

6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Now you just need to learn the definition of those terms.

Beckerjr, Turtletrekker and XCV330 like this.
  7. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

She's making it the way she wants and bringing in the people she wants. The same way any show with any one at the helm does. When making something, how does one know if it's going to work or not since the goal is to make money? Especially when soft reboots have happened before and to critical acclaim, such as BSG'04?

Do I thiink the ST can be better? Yep. Same for the PT, OT, and pretty much anything. That aside, does what works outdo what doesn't? YMMV based on who's sitting in the theater chair.

Heck, noting that the 1977 original flick (sans edit three years later to become "Episode IV") needed a bunch of edits juggled about (there's an interesting extra bonus feature, the very original edit... *shudder* ), the same criticisms and worse could be applied to anyone in charge of that. movie. too. /cheapmelodrama

Campe likes this.
  8. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

And self-awareness.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  9. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

Do you walk around with your own soundtrack?

Turtletrekker likes this.
  10. crookeddy

Well, funny enough, I do listen to my own music a lot. Who told you?

11. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think the reaction to my comment is a joke. I admitted to nothing of the sort, as evidenced by the reaction of several others in this thread.

I simply stated a desire to see a SW movie with a non-white cast. This is largely due to the fact that the majority of films, especially the OT and PT, revolved around white cast members. ANH is almost exclusively white. So, I wouldn't mind seeing a film with a nonwhite cast, or better representation of diversity overall. More diversity is not racist.

Spot261, Turtletrekker and Qonundrum like this.
  12. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

experentia docet

13. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I wouldn’t waste my time trying to explain myself to him, he isn’t serious. This is a bit.

Spot261 and fireproof78 like this.
  14. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

WHITE PEOPLE ARE THE MOST RACIST PEOPLE. THERE IS NO ONE MORE RACISTER

Beckerjr likes this.
  15. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Warning for trolling/flaming. Comments to PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.