is "Into Darkness" Quinto's last as Spock?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by F. King Daniel, Nov 18, 2012.

1. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Playing Devil's advocate, 30 years ago they killed Spock off in the second movie with every intention of leaving him dead. But fan demand compelled Star Trek III: Search for the Reset Button.

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I see what you did there.

3. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Haha! I mean! :lol: He's been Spock for ONE SINGLE FILM now, and now he does the second one. Okay, I also thought he was playing the same part for way too long, but hey I thought that's just me. ;)

4. Amasov

Amasov Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So does this mean Spock dies at the end of Into Darkness? Z's following Mr. Nimoy's lead from The Wrath of Khan. :)

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I think that's just wild speculation. We don't know anything for sure.

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Those brown uniforms with the hats certainly look like they'd fit at a military funeral...

(but Spock? NFW!)

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Enough with the dying.

Heck the whole planet is gone, let's leave Prime Spock alone!

8. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

I really hope quinto is happy with the outcome of the film.he has been kind of shady in his interviews on the new film.

9. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is interesting: GustavoLeao, the guy who posted the initial seemingly trumped-up, out-of-context comment from Quinto on Trekweb.com and started the rumour, recieved a letter from the Trek "Supreme Court" critizing him for posting "certain spoilers" regarding the new movie. Apparently the rumour of Quinto leaving caused "a lot of problems at Bad Robot"

So maybe there's more to this than we thought??

Link to Trekweb.com thread here.

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I look forward to Quinto writing his own "I Am Not Spock" book. :p

11. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

It's not the "reporting" that's the problem. Perhaps when they do renegotiate these contracts, they should add a clause that muzzles the actors from saying or hinting at certain things, especially right before the promotion of an upcoming film.

My advice to the people in charge: Take whatever you have left in the budget, after special effects and whatnot, and hire a PR coach that can type up a "party line" and then send that memo to everyone involved. That is, unless you enjoy all of this, and the actors making some of these statements is staged (I mean, mentioning Spock (of all characters) in an interview about playing serial killers sticks out like a sore thumb--Who wouldn't know that?). Either way, if S/U are staying together, I'd prefer that the actors at least seem optimistic that people might like these films, instead of the subtle hints and clues that the film is bad and making it was an unpleasant process. I'm not saying don't release a tell-all exclusive when it's time for the DVD to come out, but dropping these hints (unintentional or otherwise) before the sneek-peek/trailer and movie?

Basically, and purely from a promotional standpoint, whoever is in charge needs to call a time-out, have the team huddle, and start calling the plays. That would be better than sending out slaps to the typing hands of reporters (although, Mr. Leao seemed to like it).

12. teacake

Everything I've read has been so subtle as to be invisible to my eyes. Have I missed anything real?

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

If it's invisible, how did you read it? :rofl:

Nothing unreal exists.

14. teacake

My powers. Doncha know.

15. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

Now you're contradicting yourself. First it was invisible, so you didn't see it, and now it wasn't invisible because you have "powers," and you did see it. That sounds like Heroes, but this is Star Trek. :lol: It's okay, though. If you didn't see what you did see then I won't tell you about what you do/don't know.

16. teacake

I can only see, not interpret.

It's my hidden weakness.

SO TELL ME TELL ME WHAT DID THE ACTORS SAY.

Please.

17. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Of course it's caused problems for Bad Robot. It's making people talk about the movie, and Bad Robot can't stand that.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  18. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Fans often try to read too much into this stuff, especially where top-secret, high-profile, genre flicks are concerned.

"I saw so-and-so at a Starbucks yesterday and she had on green eye shadow. Ohmigod, she's playing an Orion!"

Within hours, the "news" that So-and-So is playing an Orion slave girl is all over the internet and will be treated as an article of faith for the next six months, and even listed on IMDB--until the next silly rumor comes around.

Meanwhile, Chris Pine keeps raving about how great Cumberbatch is and whatever, but apparently we're supposed to ignore that and read between the lines for bad news instead . . . .

'Cause predicting that upcoming movies are going to suck, often on the basis of little or no information, is apparently what the internet was invented for!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  19. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

I don't know what is up with Quinto but it seems like he is not just happy.Unlike Chris Pine, Quinto hardly talks about the film.

20. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

You can't blame Spock for being jealous with the way Kirk keeps on and on about great Cumberbatch's Instrumet is. And that led to female fans suggestng we'll be really impressed by Cumberbatch when we see the whole package. :alienblush: ;)