Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by captcalhoun, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Maybe he modifies the basic specifications of the Mark 1 to create the Hulkbuster, not the existing one but a new Mark 8/9 based off of it.

2. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Unless the Hulk actually appears int eh film, we won't see a Hulkbuster.

I like the growth of the Armory - though I suspect he'll be running out of wallspace in his basement before long at the rate he's going!

In the comics, Tony tended to keep around (or create replicas of) his older armors to keep around more for sentimental reasons than having an eye of ever actually using them again. This has proven a good idea on several occasions when a bad guy would find a weakness in Tony's latest suit and he's forced to downgrade, though he can still do his thing (and we get to see some old favorite armors again, most often the "classic" red and gold he spent twenty years using). On one occasion, a bunch of guys who once piloted the armor (plus Bethany Cabe) used a squadron of old armors against Ultimo while Tony was incapaciated. THAT is something I wouldn't mind seeing in a movie! Though in this movie universe Tony doesn't have many friends...

Mark

3. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

He seems to have made a new Mark 2, much like the new Mark 1. The collection is basically sentimental which I quite like, but there's no room for any newer models, unless the last space is reserved for the newest model.

4. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

don't worry, in IM4 he'll debut the new armoury that's, like, ten stories tall...

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

that's not a new fact. They showed the mark 1 and 2 in " iron man 2"

6. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yes, but the Mark 2 was stolen after that scene, since War Machine is still out there the Mark 2 in this scene is a new build.

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah got it. You're right. Must have read the post too fast

8. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Fair enough :D

I hope we get to see him use two or three of them throughout the film, I wouldn't mind seeing the Mark 5 in use again.

9. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

So I just came across a rather interesting spoilerish pic. Don't click if you want to avoid spoilers, obviously.

[​IMG]

10. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^Cool! More Marvel universe goodies entering the movie-verse.:)

With A.I.M. involved, maybe we'll see M.O.D.O.K.! Who wouldn't want to see this guy on the big screen? :techman:

11. Duncan MacLeod

Duncan MacLeod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's worth noting that Rhodey did say he was returning the Mk 2 at the end of IM 2. Although I always figured that Tony simply repair it for him, strip out the Hammer junk, and equip it with hard-hitting, reliable ordinance before returning it to him.

Rhodey is probably the only military officer that Tony would trust with the armor, so he might cut a deal which gives the government custody of the Mk 2 as long as Rhodey is the pilot.

12. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Very nice spoilery pic Skywalker!!!
    I was wondering when those guys would turn up!!

13. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh man that's awesome. I too were wondering about those guys :)

14. Eduardo

Eduardo Captain Captain

I think he said the opposite, something like "I am keeping the suit", and he flies off.

Tony Stark has some personality disorders, having a gap in his collection of armors probably acts like a TOC to him and doesn't let him sleep unless the gap is filled...

15. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

"I'm keeping the suit, ok?"
    "No, not ok-"
    "I wasn't asking"

What with Tony blowing up his car, Rhodey flat out saying he'll keep and flies off before Tony can protest, it's absense from the Avengers and now Tony building a new copy of it for himself sans all the Hammer tech, looks like he did let him have it.

16. Duncan MacLeod

Duncan MacLeod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

He said that his car got taken out in the explosion so he need to hang on to the suit for a minute. The implication being that he needed it to get home. I just watched it a minute ago.

17. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I still think Tony just let him have it, if nothing else he probably didn't want to have to fix what Hammer did to it when he had his own to worry about. :lol:

I'd like to see Rhodey stay on as his War Machine self now, not have Tony be the only good guy with a suit. Making three in the new movie apparently.

18. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

You know what I like best about these Iron Man movies? I don't know anything about Iron Man, so all the spoilery pics that keep popping up mean absolutely nothing to me!

19. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

20. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Interesting he has pristine versions of his various armors including those heavily damaged or destroyed in the process of him using them.