I'm getting a housing upgrade

My bathroom after half a day's work

Halfwaybathroom.jpg

and they have started to take down down the wood paneling and take up the tiles in the loo.

Will you be putting the carpet back into the bathroom?
I'm not a fan of carpets in bathrooms.

There wasn't any carpet in the bathroom, it was linoleum/vinyl.

I wouldn't have carpet in a bathroom.

Good for you and looks like a good start. Will you have some sort of bathroom access during the work? Rather important, that.

We have a new, working toilet and we will have a bath by the end of today. It is now early morning (day 2) and I hate the fact that I wasn't able to jump into the shower as soon as I got out of bed today. The shower won't be installed until later in the week :(.

My bathroom after half a day's work

Halfwaybathroom.jpg

and they have started to take down down the wood paneling and take up the tiles in the loo.

Best part of home remodelling.. the destruction! :devil:

A few years ago we helped a buddy renovate a house he inherited.. so much fun going to town with a sledgehammer and crowbar on a Saturday followed by Pizza and beer :techman:

Enjoy your new home once it's finished (and cleaned.. the worst part of home remodelling :()

The bath is in and I just used it for the first time. I last had a shower about 36 hours before so it was nice to feel clean again.

Tomorrow the plasterers will be in. I will take another photo after they have finished their work for the day.

The bath is in and I just used it for the first time. I last had a shower about 36 hours before so it was nice to feel clean again.

Tomorrow the plasterers will be in. I will take another photo after they have finished their work for the day.

How does it look?

Most of the major work has been done. The builder has to do a few little finishing jobs today, the lino has to be laid in the kitchen and laundry which is also being done today. Then there wil only be the painting to be done.

The glue used to lay the lino in the bathroom and toilet has aggrevated my asthma so I plan to stay out for most of today. Hate to think how I am going to react to the paint next week.

We have a childproof section in the cabinet in the bathroom that is almost me-proof. I have small fingers and can only reach the opening latch with my middle finger and then only with the tip of my nail.

I will post photos later today.

Last edited:
Back