I'm feeling old...

The Jupiter II was sabotaged en route to Alpha Centauri THIRTEEN YEARS AGO.

In five years Marty McFly will arrive to buy the Sports Almanac.

I feel old... and I'm 27

I remember seeing First Contact in the cinema, first run,and I refuse to believe it was 14 years ago!

I'm shocked that Buffy season one was made in 1997. Shocked. Except for the hairstyles, you'd never know. It's still a great show today.

Thanks dude...now you REALLY made me feel older...LOL...Its amazing how far of technology wise we are from where TREK..2001...BACK FUTURE, even BLADE RUNNER had us being....

Rob

I remember TUC because I saw it the day before I went to live in INDIA for a year. My friend got married over there, and now his son, born a year later, is 17 years old...I know its just a number, and has little emotional attachment to anyone else, but man it makes me feel old!!!
Hey cool, where were you in India? I spent about two months in northern India and Nepal late last year. I watched the new Star Trek movie for the 4th time or something like that on the plane to Mumbai from Bangkok, then caught District 9 for the first time on my flight home just before Christmas. :lol:

Yeah, we're a lot closer to BTTF's 'future' timeline (2015) than we are to its present (1985).
This one makes me feel old, even though I'm not THAT old (24.) BTTF was a year before I was born, and now in 5 years we'll have flying cars, self-drying jackets, power laces, and DUST RESISTANT PAPER! Not to mention 80s bars. "Keep pedaling, you two!"

For me, it's seeing Dakota Fanning be old enough to play Cherri Currie in The Runaways-just a while back she was this pretty little girl in Taken! It's the same thing with AnnaSophia Robb and Scarlett Johanson getting to be older-where have the years gone? Not to mention that same thing happening with other actors and actresses.

I remember seeing Tron as a young 14-15 year old in 1982, along with Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan, Blade Runner, & E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial-now I'm going to be seeing Tron Legacy as a 42-year old in December!

Dusty/Rob-it occurs to me that Sigourney Weaver, who was so hot in her panties at the end of Alien, turns 60 this year. 60. God Almighty!

Wow..she is 60 now? And yes, that panty scene was hot, even though she was literally fight for her life. They need to put Uhura in one of those kinds of scenes in Trek 12

Rob

Wow..she is 60 now? And yes, that panty scene was hot, even though she was literally fight for her life. They need to put Uhura in one of those kinds of scenes in Trek 12

Rob

You know your old when somebody references Uhura in her panties in the next Trek film and it takes you a few seconds to realize he is not talking about wanting to see Nichelle Nichols in her underwear.:lol:

P.S. Another thing that will make you feel old? In two years Nichelle will be 80!:eek:

Words to live by:

"Speak for yourrself sir, I plan to live forever."
Riker-Star Trek: First Contact

Rob

You know your old when somebody references Uhura in her panties in the next Trek film and it takes you a few seconds to realize he is not talking about wanting to see Nichelle Nichols in her underwear.:lol:

P.S. Another thing that will make you feel old? In two years Nichelle will be 80!:eek:

ginger.jpg

^^ SEVENTY-SIX YEARS OLD! :wah:

I feel old... and I'm 27

I remember seeing First Contact in the cinema, first run,and I refuse to believe it was 14 years ago!

I really don't want to discuss how I saw Generations in theaters and that was 16 years ago!

And now I just realized Toy Story is 15 years old... as is Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie.

Meanwhile Batman: The Animated Series is 18 years old...

And for the sake of my sanity I definitely won't mention the age of Tiny Toons.

It's meant to be The Year We Make Contact (2010) dammit! Where's my HAL 9000 and manned Jupiter spacecraft?

Gone, along with the Moonbase Alpha and UFO organization!:)

Last year and this year, the Macross SDF-1 lifted off from Earth to fight the Zentraedi-how come we don't have transforming Veritech fighters and a ton of other fancy/nifty reverse engineered tech like talking robots and holographic videogames?;):lol:

And before I forget, where's the United Earth Government?

What makes me feel old?
Reading threads where some of these young whipper-snappers post there "Remember this??" stuff and recall things from 10 years ago when they were kids. Talk to me when tv shows and movies you watched in first run are 40 years old. ;)

I feel old... and I'm 27

I really don't want to discuss how I saw Generations in theaters and that was 16 years ago!

And now I just realized Toy Story is 15 years old... as is Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie.

Meanwhile Batman: The Animated Series is 18 years old...

And for the sake of my sanity I definitely won't mention the age of Tiny Toons.

All of which I watched as an adult-and some of which I watched while partaking of recreational libations that I was of age to purchase.:shifty:

I turn 42 next month. The forty-second birthday means that the kids who were born the year you reached legal drinking age . . . have now themselves reached legal drinking age.

Back