I'm building the entire Starship Enterprise interior at 1:25 scale

Yes, this is outstanding work. It's literally the best realization of the interconnecting dorsal I've seen, a generally neglected area of the ship.

I have really gotten tired of the lack of progress and honestly don't hardly watch the updates except to just skim through them sometimes. It's basically the same thing over and over; a cardboard model of some part of the ship. It's been over a year, at this rate we are going to see cardboard models for the next 10 years! When is the actual model doing to start, that is what is going to catch my interest again.

I have really gotten tired of the lack of progress and honestly don't hardly watch the updates except to just skim through them sometimes. It's basically the same thing over and over; a cardboard model of some part of the ship. It's been over a year, at this rate we are going to see cardboard models for the next 10 years! When is the actual model doing to start, that is what is going to catch my interest again.
He might have a day job and responsibilities you know. He probably has to squeeze his model making in when he can.

He might have a day job and responsibilities you know. He probably has to squeeze his model making in when he can.

That, and also: you have to appreciate how important it is to work through all the test models for such an unheard of scratch-build. The size of this model, and the innumerable design decisions he has to make and then test out, go vastly beyond what any of us has ever done in our hobby work.

And I'll say it: he was brave to go public at the outset of such a daunting challenge. Every step requires solutions to problems he didn't know he'd have. FJ's plans only go so far— and thus Mike has had to invent this thing while building it. By any fair standard, his work is amazing.

The actual model HAS started.

Mike/Mr Trek has said it’s his five year mission though, didn’t he?

So year one was all test phase, with years 2-5 the actual build.

It would be no great surprise that year 2 also involves quite a bit of parallel test builds as well still. That’s just how practicality works.

Back