I'm building the entire Starship Enterprise interior at 1:25 scale

When I did my cross section, I put a reduced version of the TAS holo rec room wrapping around the core of the saucer on deck seven
I suppose those lower deck spaces, like where you stuck the giant mushroom room, could have also worked and been a little closer to the size of the empty rec room seen in "Joker".

I suppose those lower deck spaces, like where you stuck the giant mushroom room, could have also worked and been a little closer to the size of the empty rec room seen in "Joker".

It’s been a long tome since I did that so I’m not sure my memory is accurate, but I believe the placement on deck seven was from TMoST. The “giant mushroom” room is the botanical garden so it was purposely near where it ended up in TMP.

I should point out relative to this holodeck business that next to the botanical garden is the zoology lab, and those confined little cages the Capellan power cat, mugato, and Regulan eel bird are stuck in were intended by me to be mini holospaces.

It's a next level kind of meta where a guy does a whole show to cosplay an old show and then inside of that show he has a scene so the FX guy can cosplay an even older show.
It was fun. I’m a TOS first guy and I also really like Have Gun—Will Travel.

STC did revisit the holodeck in the episode "The White Iris."
Oops, thats right! I forget…possibly because I really didn’t like that episode. It was such a contemporary perspective with the idea that Kirk was somehow broken and had to be “fixed” to be whole. TOS would never have done a story like that about its major character. It was very much a contemporary Trek type of story.

Indeed a distinctive strain of contemporary mindset runs through STC that keeps the series from really feeling like genuine TOS. Instead of focusing on writing TOS type stories (and the way they were written) they couldn’t resist writing it more like TNG and inserting callouts to later productions to connect-the-dots and show off their knowledge of franchise lore.

There was a lot I liked about STC, but they needed better script editing, resist the fanboy callouts and ditch the current day mindset. They made creative choices I found truly stupid and even insulting to TOS’ overall vision.

At some point I want to do a revisit of STC to see how it holds up after not seeing it for awhile. I watched it while they were being released and even contributed to their Kickstarter drive. But I do remember feeling a roller coaster of emotions from “Thats freakin’ awesome!” to “Aww, c’mon! Why did they do that?” There were things I really wish they would have done and things I think they absolutely should not have done.

At least, unlike TOS-R, they were respectful of the original hangar deck. :D

Last edited:
I love the project but those clickbait titles are getting a bit old. Most of them are just variations on the same proclamation. :D

I love the project but those clickbait titles are getting a bit old. Most of them are just variations on the same proclamation. :D
"I'm building the entire Starship Enterprise and you won't believe what happened next!"
"You can build the entire Starship Enterprise with this one neat trick!"
"Paramount hates it when you build the entire Starship Enterprise but if you do this they can't stop you!"

THOSE are clickbait titles.

Yes, I agree. They would be too. Okay, how about "generically boastful"? I just miss the more specific titles is all. Not a big deal. :)

From the Bridge on deck 1 to the cargo hold on deck 24, I'm building the entire interior of the original USS Enterprise featuring all the areas we saw in the TV show and of course, all the areas we didn't see. Follow the build on my Youtube channel 'Mr Trek'
I don't know if Mike is following us here at all (I almost hope for his mental health he isn't) but I just noticed that this project just hit a year last month! And he's still working and posting on the regular. Congratulations, Sir!

Back