If the Borg show up in the JJverse big screen...

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Lexx Shrapnel, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

The comics aren't canon, and Starfleet only had scans of the Narada, fueling a massive paranoid shift in design under Admiral Marcus rather than Nagura.

And as Beyond showed, the 1701 was totally inprepared for a fight with something based on a swarm effect of smaller objects, with no nanite based defence. Obviously if the Narada was based on Borg design, their scans where inadequate to even notice.

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, but I'm waiting for a better explanation as to how a simple civilian mining ship winds up looking like Cthulhu's big brother. ;)

...that's actually a really good idea.

Markonian likes this.
  3. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

The Narada was designed to operate in deep space in asteroidal areas for years, one of the more dangerous areas of space to actually operate in as a civilian vessel.

It was equipped with nothing but a heavy armoured hull to stop the Romulan Empire being robbed of a major resource investment should it be hit by something large and dense because of one bad moment of judgement, the ship and it's cargo are orders of magnitude more important than it's slave crew.

And a large amount of missles designed to reduce objects the size of tiny moons to disgestible rubble and "eaten" by the ship to process slowly into metals and materials of great interest and use to the Empire.

The Federation used slave labour to slowly mine out the inside of Dilithium asteroids and waste starships protecting them. The Romulans sent *one* ship that could just pulverise and process it on the move and blast pitiful nornal starships to pieces.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Slave labor? :confused:

5. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

The Mk 1 EMH's, when made obsolete, where made to work Dilithium asteroids in Voyager until the Doctor freed them all.

But it's not facism when the Feds...I mean Federation do it.

6. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Hmm, let's look back:
    I think that some of the early concept art for the Narada may have suggested more functionality to the tentacles/pointy bits on the outside than what we ended up seeing in the movie, and I seem to recall reading an excerpt from the novelization in which the tentacles are spread out or extended as part of the drilling configuration. (Anyone who has the book in hand, feel free to correct me on this.)

Some of said concept art is a bit hard to locate now, all these years later (unless, perhaps, Salvor has some copies filed away somewhere safe) but I'm sure you remember seeing the drawings I mean.

You only pretend otherwise (or that working deep-sea mining ships of today don't often feature certain possibly-sinister-looking tentacular attachments) because you're under the impression that grants you license to make the Eldritch equivalent of a fish pun, amirite? ;)

Chthulhu_is_watching_you.png

Markonian likes this.
  7. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

Why have the borg at all? What is the point of creating an alternate universe to keep rehashing the same stories?

fireproof78, Markonian and Nyotarules like this.
  8. Mr. Laser Beam

No, I never saw any of them.

9. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

It is kind of fitting that an Eldritch inspired vessel crawls out of a storm in the depths of space to terrorise the Federation though. Why can't we have more of that.

10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

So they can have different outcomes, of course.

We know Kirk Prime never took on the Borg, but the AU premise makes it possible.

11. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually yes it did. It doesn't matter where a innovation comes from, only that it works.

12. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

if they do a Borg movie, I want Spock to encounter and deal with finding Michael Burnham as an assimilated drone.

Search4 likes this.
  13. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

or spock communicates with future riker from the borg are everywhere universe

14. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or better yet, in an attempt to "fix" the timeline, Spock accidentally sends the Enterprise into the Borg are everywhere universe.

Nyotarules likes this.
  15. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

If they were to appear in the JJverse i assume they be the opposite of what they were in TNG, so they might be a massive mad cult of brainwashing mixed humanoid techophobes who hate all tech and everybody that embraces it, and their sole purpose would be to seek out and destroy any and all who embrace tech, of course the twist cliches would be the cult ring leader would being a android who hates organics because, and room for one of cliches twist to the plot, it was a human once and only their brain lives on now trapped in a android body, as it seeks to answer the one question that drives it, does it still, or ever had, a soul.

There you go, ST14, or 4, 2 billion in ticket sales no problem. lol

16. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

I rolled my eyes with this edition, the great and mighty Borg could not assimilate mixed race Spock? Please!!!!
    However the art is pretty good, sometimes the art is not that great in the Kelvinverse stories.

PhotoBoy likes this.
  17. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

:lol::luvlove:

Kemaiku likes this.
  18. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Laura Cynthia Chambers Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe that's how George will come back. As Kelvinverse Locutus. They send him to negotiate with Kirk because of their connection.

19. Lexx Shrapnel

Lexx Shrapnel Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ship desings are lazy compared to most Star Wars comics i experienced.

20. doylem1

doylem1 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Why can I picture if the Borg are in the Kelvin universe Kirk saying as they approach the unknown vessel "Put it on screen" and McCoy saying "Is that a small moon" with Spock correcting him by saying "That's no moon"