Poll If CBS and Viacom merge and Kurtzman takes over the movies, what film do you want to see most?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by The Butter Phantom, Apr 29, 2019.

?

If CBS and Viacom merge and Kurtzman takes over the movies, what film do you want to see most?

1. A completely new film with new characters and settings, written Day One for the big screen

2. A continuation of an existing Prime series, given a movie budget

3. A 4th Kelvin movie

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. XCV330

XCV330 A Being of Pure Caffeine Premium Member

the Star Trek: The Beginning script is still out there, somewhere.

2. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

By most reports Tarantino is a old school trekkie, and things like the original timeline and fan definition "canon" would be things he cared about.

Lord Garth and Galileo7 like this.
  3. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The minute Tarantino's involved, it's his. And anyone smart will let it be his because it would be a better movie for it. Bad Robot's style and Tarantino's style do NOT blend together. If they tried it, and it didn't come out good, I'd know who to blame... and it sure as Hell wouldn't be Quentin Tarantino.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    StarCruiser likes this.
  4. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's not great. As direct-to-streaming it'd be cool, but as a cinematic experience, it lacks.

5. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd happily take a 4th, final Kelvin movie or the Tarantino one. Or even a combo of both. Am a huge Tarantino fan, and am anxious to see what he's do with it.

6. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

@Lord Garth

How can someone not get a kick out of this? :devil: :devil: :devil:

[/QUOTE]

OMG this is AMAZING lol <3 <3 <3

Lord Garth and Relayer1 like this.
  7. Relayer1

Relayer1 Vice Admiral Admiral

I certainly don't want anything else in the Kelvin universe. Prime stuff filling in historical gaps or something set after DS9/Voyager ended.

8. Danlav05

Danlav05 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As soon as Once Upon A Time is done Paramount will want to talk with QT.

Guaranteed

Lord Garth likes this.
  9. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

A Pike/Spock movie. Or the Tarantino movie.

Or ... both.

10. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

My dream is that they purposely keep it vague as to whether it's in the Prime or Kelvin Universe, and they commit to never saying which it is.

XCV330 and Tim Thomason like this.
  11. Soong-type Android

Soong-type Android Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Interesting premise and it would be good to see the Romulan War depicted on screen.

AndorianAle, Jesse1066 and XCV330 like this.
  12. Soong-type Android

Soong-type Android Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Interesting news on the possibility of a Quentin Tarantino Star Trek movie. It looks like a script has been written!

"I feel like I have to ask this even though I don’t know if you’ll want to answer. But are you going to make a Star Trek movie? Is there any truth to that?

It’s a very big possibility. I haven’t been dealing with those guys for a while cause I’ve been making my movie. But we’ve talked about a story and a script. The script has been written and when I emerge my head like Punxsutawney Phil, post-Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, we’ll pick up talking about it again."

https://www.slashfilm.com/hateful-eight-netflix-miniseries/

Galileo7 likes this.
  13. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Fleet Admiral Admiral

There was a script for SJ Clarkson's Star Trek 4 too, didn't mean it got made:sigh:

Galileo7 likes this.
  14. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The 4th Kelvin film would be nice. That said I would like a brand new film that is completely original and not tied to any other series or previous characters. Keep the budget low if necessary so it doesn't have to be treated as a tentpole release and could have some reasonable expectations at the box office. It doesn't need to do Star Wars or comic book movie numbers. It just has to be respectable with the goal it drives people to the greater Star Trek brand be it shows, games, CBS All Access, etc.

15. The Butter Phantom

The Butter Phantom Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Is he even aware that Bad Robot is likely leaving the Paramount lot?

He should probably start going for lunches with Kurtzman, because at this point I honestly don't see any other company making these films.

16. Woulfe

Woulfe Commodore Commodore

Tarantino might not go all PG-13 or R, he also likes to do Grindhouse style films, imagine Trek in that style... RetroFutura to the Nth degree...

17. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My wish is that it would set firmly in the TOS-TNG-DS9-VOY continuity and they wouldn't make any secret out of it.

18. SpocksOddSocks

SpocksOddSocks Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I selected the second option. More specifically, I'd love to see one in the new Picard timeline (but separate, and possibly unconnected) with an ensemble of characters from the 24th century shows. Partly, to give then a story, but keep them out of the Picard series.

I'm not particularly interested in the Kelvin timeline. Whilst I enjoyed all of them when I saw them, I've only enjoyed them by thinking of them as more of homages than part of Star Trek lore. Even Nimoy's involvement doesn't stop them from feeling more like vague disconnects to me. I think I have to employ my suspension of disbelief in a very different way to what I did with anything *prime.

Edit: I think Kelvin needs typical Hollywood suspension, rather than the usual sci-fi type that were all I really needed, for even the Prime films.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019