Ideas for my Trek/Dr. Who Crossover

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by The Castellan, Nov 18, 2011.

1. The Castellan

The Castellan Commodore Commodore

It was a destroyer, with one engine pod and one dish, floating about in that aforementioned depot. Cassy added 2 engines, 2 necks and another dish to it.

Anyhow, my hard drive went kaput last week (using another compy that was laying around and collecting dust for the past few years for the moment), and I plan to do some Frankensteining on several computers I have to make 2 good ones out of them, one specifically for my 3D picture making, and my cousin, who knows more about computers than myself, is gonna help me out, but won't be free for at least another week, so you won't see any newer pictures for some time, so things are gonna be like in this picture. ;)
    [​IMG]

Here are some older pictures I never put up, as these were from like a year ago, when I first started out and my knowledge was a bit more limited. But I figure might as well put up something in the mean time.

Here's 2 of Cassy, can't remember if I posted these or not, but here they are, showing Cassy doing her Lita Ford impersonation. One also can see her lovely musculature as well.

Here's Kuros, a warrior living on the planet Cassy is from, since the bulk of my future stories revolve around Cassy, before and after her various times with Starfleet. The stories on Cassy's planet are more fantasy based, with warriors, sorcerers, goblins, dinosaurs, dragons, and so on.

I named Kuros after the hero from Wizards & Warriors, one of my fav video games. I was also thinking that Kuros might be a smooth headed Klingon who's lived on the planet since he was a kid, think of a sort of Tarzan type of situation. I thought of that since i used a TOS Klingon skin texture to make him.

And I said Cassy is an alien, who was raised by humans on a colony on the planet (the colony ship is one of those many forgotten colony ships, presumed destroyed, in the early days, shortly after Earth was visited by the Vulcans, and the Cochrane engine began to be a normal thing) she lives on. This colony was established by the power monger elitists who lost their power shortly after the first contact, since humanity finally woke up and kicked out their corrupted political/economic/military leaders. These elitists, some of them members of Terra Prime, under the disguise of fellow pilgrims, set up the colonies and life on the two main cities (about as big as the L.A. metropolitan area) is similar to what life is like in Aliens or Robocop, where large corporations run everything and run the government, while keeping the citizens ignorant and stupid, by means of distraction via a media worse then what we got now, as well as drugging the air (works a lot since the cities are domed) and having materialism rampant.....think of either "The Company" from Aliens or OCP from Robocop......and hardly any of the citizens know that Cybus Industries (same from Dr. Who, but in our universe, not the alternate one, aka "Pete's World") is, in fact, the governing body of the colonies, run by John Lumic and his board of directors. There's a small, but growing rebellion against the colonial government. Cassy, and old man Smoke are pretty much threats to colonial security, since they know so much, and could unveil the truth about what's really going on (the colonies were set up before there was a Neutral Zone, and now that there is, The Federation can't get in, and greet these people, so Mr. Lumic and his men are using that to their advantage, and made it easy to say that Earth fell long ago, and all that, so power can be kept, since the Federation represents all that Lumic detests) and the fact that Cassy is not human makes it worse. Also, in keeping in tune with what Q said, the colonial military, which acts as both the police and judiciary departments, are all cyborgs, made with Cybermen technology Lumic got a hold up centuries ago, back on Earth, to make himself virtually immortal, and kept in control by drugs, like in the late 21st century.

Here's the old pictures I made last year, just practicing and trying to think of various moments in my stories. Here's Cassy, this is before I knew how to morph bodies, in the middle of an encounter with Mr. Lumic himself. The Cybusmen design, in my stories, is only a one off, a single one made for Lumic himself. Note Cassy's Stingbeam on the floor. Has she not dropped it, it could have blasted a basketball sized hole in his chest. And yes, Cassy dresses like that normally. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two more of her in a fight, showing the Sting Beam in action. It's a homage to Lando Calrissian's weapon of the same name in the Lando Calrissian adventures, the only Star Wars stories, and only Star Wars character, that I liked. Cassy often only carries this as her only weapon, preferring to use her brain and wits, to solve her problems. She feels that a majority of those who carry large guns tend to think with them first. It's pretty much like this Wiki entry:

Though Cassy named it the Sting Beam because the central part of the gun had a black and yellow bee print to it. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cassy and the wife going out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If I go the Phase 2 route.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once I get the computers up and running, and reinstall everything, I'll post more stuff again.:bolian:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cool new stuff :)

Hopefully you can recover any files lost in the HD fail or you have a recent back up :)

3. The Castellan

The hard drive itself is what's messed up, all it's good for is a paper weight, now. If hard drive manufacturers would make them last longer, things would be much better for all of us.

Luckily, I have a majority of the models and meshes saved on disk, and I can redownload other stuff, since 95% of my stuff seen are freebies.

I am still pondering if this should be set between the end of TOS and The Wrath of Khan, or in the TNG years. :vulcan: :confused: That's the most difficult part, right now. :p

4. Kaiser

Ahh i heard theres companys that do file recovery's for broke HD's and id suggest TNG but with ship pulled from mothballs and refitted :)

5. The Castellan

Maybe, gotta find a good TMP-TNG era bridge, though.

6. The Castellan

What could be used as Trek's equivalent to the Millennium Falcon? Though not falling apart as the Falcon appears to be.:vulcan:

Cassy needs some sort of ship that would be small enough just for one or two only needed to operate it. Since my stories are pretty much her stories, she'll need some type of little ship.:techman:

7. Kaiser

Defiant class ship :)

8. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I actually very much like the idea of the "Elite" escaping to offworld, taking any followers who would go with them to escape the nuclear winter, and in fear that the motives of the Vulcans weren't entirely noble, no doubt encouraged by the rich and powerful, at least those who managed to escape arrest, or being hunted by angry mobs.;)

To be honest, I had my own idea for a story behind the cause of WW-III, which was the rich and powerful themselves. I liked the idea behind Jericho, so I have taken a lot of ideas from that, and conspiracy theories (which you in particular will probably recognize). My idea is that some of the richest and most powerful people (not Bill Gates or Donald Trump, these bastards hate the spotlight, and want to remain anonymous) hire operatives to plant bombs in all major cities in order to cause enough chaos to implant a leader to do their bidding, which was then used this as an excuse to declare martial law, as well as wipe put a majority of the world's population, because previous attempts (putting a virus in vaccinations made for a possible plague, building a bio weapons research lab nearby where most of the U.S. food in grown, with the intention of setting off a containment breach) failed when rumors spread, and enough people took the necessary steps to prevent success (there were major protests and lobbying against the bio weapons lab, and finally vandalism to the center while under construction in the middle of the night put an end to that plan.;) They also used fear of attacks in Europe, Russia, and Australia to try to gain control under the guise of the Optimum Movement, which also was gaining momentum in the U.S., which had mixed results. Their attempt in France was a total failure, and the members of the Optimum Movement were eventually practically chased out of the country.

Their plan wasn't as successful as they had hoped, because the only thing that scared most people more than a nuclear attack was that of a government with too much power. Add to that the fact that the President and his advisers had managed to avoid annihilation in Washington D.C. when intelligence that was not in on the coup de ta caught wind of the impending attack, and the only thing that prevented another U.S. civil war was the fact there was no way to prevent the blame for the attacks on the Eastern Coalition. One side of the United States maintained the Constitution, while the other for all intents and purposes slowly abolished it, one article and amendment at a time.

Most of the leaders of the Optimum Movement were later arrested for crimes against humanity and treason, while their employers fled Earth fearing that the Optimum Movement leaders who were in the know (who they hadn't managed to assassinate) would reveal evidence linking them to the nuclear holocaust in an attempt to have their lives spared.

9. The Castellan

Sounds like my ideas, too. The elitists left Earth, in disguise of fellow humble pilgrims, led by John Lumic, who's now a full cyborg (he was stashed in the colony ship's cargo hold for 10 or 20 years or so, and he patiently waited out the trip) because they faced several possibilities.....losing their power on the people, being tried and imprisoned for crimes against humanity, and so on.....from what I read, the ideals and principles seen in Trek's Federation makes the elitists not only worried, but sick to their stomachs in disgust, and the Vulcans, proving once and for all alien life, governments had a lot to explain on why the public was kept in the dark on the subject since at least the 1940's (government will in fact have a lot of explaining to do, and sooner than 2063, I think...and more and more folks believe in alien life, that we been visited, and that the facts are being hushed up...and people will trust governments and the military less once the truth comes out, which I feel is very soon, they can't hide for ever...and the Mayans predict a new age for us, alien life being known would change us forever, and there'd be no going back once it happens) will have lost their dwindling control. The elitists helped caused the third world war, as well as allow the genetic supermen be created to aid in their effort to reduce the world population by 5/6th's, by that and other items, like withholding cures to various illnesses (some of which were merely combinations of either plants or minerals), making people sterile through food additives, pharmaceutical drugs that did more harm than good, with holding better technology and alternative energy and so on. They kept the population occupied or distracted by artificially causing economies to go to hell, making people too busy working their asses off to just keep their homes and pay the bills, having the media focus so much on celeb gossip, reality television, and sports. Also, various gadgets and gimmicks are used to keep folks busy. It's like that line from Angel One:

So, instead of dealing with angry survivors, and worse, losing power (it's said that those in power would rather let entire populations be destroyed, rather than lose their control over them), they took off on some of the new colony ships and, akin to Khan, went and decided to make a new world to control. Lumic and his guys did this, and began to take over once the colony cities were being constructed. And these colonies are what earth would be like, had the Vulcans not come. And with the Neutral Zone set up shortly later, Lumic had the advantage, since he, using hidden subspace equipment, kept tabs on the goings on with Earth, could keep knowledge of the Federation's existence hidden from the colonists. And Lumic, pretty much a brain in a robot body now, was able to keep this a secret, since an old joke in the colony was that Lumic spent so much time in his office, no one really made visual contact with him, with exception of his board of directors, who are essentially the colonial government as well. The police force are akin to Storm Troopers from Star Wars, but are cybernetic, and kept in line with various conditioning and drugs, and dressed in full armor and carrying large guns, and using both intimidation and authority....they are all pretty much judge Dreads in the worse form. And non-humans are looked upon like the MacArthur Red Scare of the 50's or the Terrorist Scare of today. Cassy, being a non-human, was pretty much outcasted, despite being a scientific genius (too smart, too, since colonial scientists maintain that anything over warp 1 or 2 is impossible) and she now lives in the underground city of Metallica with old man Smoke and the living machines.

Though Cassy is letting the Federation know by sending occasional information to Starfleet, specifically the mysterious Admiral Robert April, who, in my stories, is not what 99% of everyone thinks he is.

Still needing to find a small ship to give Cassy, to make a Trekian take on the Millennium Falcon. Something small, fairly fast, enough room to live on it for extended periods of time, and able to land on a planet's surface. Though it would not be falling apart like the Falcon. :D :p

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  10. JES

Perhaps the saying "great minds..." applies here.

It seems that some people are less accepting of change than others, but the elitists sound like pessimists in the extreme. They have probably already assumed that in such a type of economy, all their wealth would be taken away, and to them, power has become like a drug. If they cooperated, I doubt that many people would care if they were given their own private island, or tiny moon, assuming there were enough to give away, where they could live out the rest of their lives in luxury if it pleases them, for all I care.

I can already hear them saying "this is how the world works". WRONG!!!!! Life is how we collectively make it, which can be overall positive or negative. If your not going to help things change for the better, go buy your own private island, go away, stay out of politics, and leave everyone else the hell alone!

I've actually heard of a conspiracy in which the government (or more likely, government and military officials bribed by the elitists) plan to use captured alien tech to hoax an extraterrestrial attack in order make the population xenophobic, and use the resulting chaos to declare martial law. This actually makes me a little nervous about how the military might react should the extraterrestrials chose to publicly reveal themselves, which the neither the military, nor the government would be able to stop. Making them look like the enemy would be a mistake should there be demand for an attack, because at least some of the factions or races definitely have technology way ahead of ours. Either way, those in charge have dug themselves into a hell of a hole.

I actually am starting to wonder if the bunkers currently under construction, the ones said to be for 2012, are not being built for any natural disasters, but for disasters of the elitist's own making. I'm also starting to wonder if by speculating, we might not be giving them more ideas for how to wipe us out, though they clearly aren't exactly unintelligent, and might have already thought of these themselves. The thing that they supposedly held back that really pisses me off is the cure/alternative treatments for cancer, especially considering that there is a law that is supposed to require you to undergo involuntary chemotherapy, especially considering that this is a case where the treatment is definitely worse than the ailment. If I ever got cancer, I think I would research and seek out other means of treatment. And if the government tried to force me to take chemotherapy, I would fight back, kicking, screaming, suing, and perhaps even shoving that caustic needle up the ass of anyone who tried to stick it in any part of my body, and that last part would be due to my almost deathly fear of needles, law be damned (And I don't usually "damned" anything, if you know what I mean).

It is tampering with the economy that really pisses me off. Because of this, my father's fledgling business failed when investors no longer had the money, so my family has been struggling for the past several years. During summers, I could look forward to staying at a condo owned by relatives with my cousins in Destin for up to a month, where I could go dune buggying, or ride the Cyclone, and could do stuff with my relatives. And even when we got back to central Florida, we usually went to at least one amusement park. Now Terry can't take as much time off, we don't have the money to pay for gas for such a long trip, and we're lucky if we get to go to even one amusement park, or do anything else. My father has a new job, so I'm hoping things will be different this year.

But until things change, I'm going to pissed with the elitists, because what they are doing is taking the fun out of most things. So I hope things get better soon, so I can stop hoping they will drop dead, thinking the world will be better off without them, because I don't like wishing ill will on others, whether it is justified or not.

Which is probably what they are doing. Like I said, I don't think those amongst their ranks are stupid (at least not most of them), and they probably know that a government and economy like that of UE is inevitable, or we will all be dead (even them) before that can happen. Either that, or they are naive if they think that can squash democracy and rule the world. If they try, there will be no way to prevent a civil war or revolution, in which case we will all be probably wishing for the 'good old days'.

Talk about a vice-like grip. This makes me almost afraid of what would happen if their loss of power was inevitable. I'm almost afraid they might opt to render the planet lifeless then just go with the flow. If this is the case, they seriously need to see therapists NOW. I suppose putting them all in a happy house might solve most problems, but I'm afraid they might push a big red button rather than go anywhere, even if they were the most plush, luxurious rooms, with all the amenities anyone could imagine, ever constructed.

Then tough times are probably ahead for Lumic and his board of directors, because after the Hobus supernova, there will be lots of relief vessels throughout Romulan space. A couple of metropolis's will be pretty hard to resist checking out. Ooh!! That would make for a good episode!

The first thing that comes to mind would be that type of vessel used by the Maquis in the Beginning of Voyager, though that might be too big. I also don't remember for certain whether or not it took a crew to man the ship, or if it could actually be piloted by one person. I guess it could be the same case as the Falcon: it is possible to both pilot the ship and control the weapons, but the weapons would have reduced accuracy.

If all else fails, you might actually have to design a brand new ship.

11. The Castellan

Well, I think, that while things will gt rough, the elitists, the bad guys, that 1% will fail in the end....all would be tyrants have.....from Ganges Khan to Napoleon to Ramses to Hitler and so on....look at the middle east with Egypt, Libya and now Syria, those guys are fighting back and kicking some ass.....NO ONE could have predicted this happening. Also, read my signature, apocalypse does not mean what most think it means. I think something big is going to happen, soon.....something, to quote Dave Bowman from 2010: The year We Make Contact, "Something wonderful". I personally think Arther C. Clark, Gene Roddenberry, Spielberg (you won't believe how many references he put in the crystal skulls film), and George Lucas are in the know and part of a slow program getting everyone ready for the big event. The Manhattan UFO sighting from september of 2010 was proof we won't go crazy and kill each other and ourselves upon learning of alien life, since not one person of the thousands who saw the UFO that day panicked, not one. In fact, all of them interviewed were thrilled and many of them said that for the first time they have felt actual hope.

Anyhow, the colony cities have a small ,but growing rebellion going on, led by Cassy's long time friend, Jenna, who is like the equivalent of of Lynn Minmey from Robotech, but not ditzy and annoying. And the small, goblin like people in my stories are lending a hand to the rebels, especially since the colonial government labeled them as possible threats....in the same way communists and muslims been for our own history.

And to me, the whole communist and now muslin/terrorist scare is just something to keep people scared so they won't know what's happening, what's really going on, and making them go, "please, government, protect us!" a boogeyman if you will. I have never been concerned about communists or terrorists, none whatsoever. I need to send you some interesting info I have on how the cold war could have ended in 1963 via a joint US/Russian space mission to the moon to work together and share what they find up there, both Kennedy was killed 10 days after him and Khrushchev agreed to it, and the later was thrown out of power and kept under house arrest for life. I'll find and send 'em to you if you wanna read 'em. Also, it makes me wonder why we never gone back to the moon and spent the last 30+ years just in low orbit in those pile of junk shuttles, rather than some real space exploration, and why private space programs never get formed and allowed to work on their own. Same for why bush wanted so badly to get back to the moon (especially since there's no terrorists or oil up there) and why countries like China, Iran and India wanna go to the moon.

As for Cassy's ship, I'll be probably have to brain storm for a bit on it. I'm also going to need to give it a little bit of a Trekkian anime flavor to it. :cool:

12. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

13. The Castellan

I likes that one. :)

14. Kaiser

Nice ship :) would look nice as a late 23rd Century Civilian one :)

15. JES

An Apocalypse is still an Apocalypse, unless the term has a certain origin or meaning that I'm unaware of. I think that the events that you are expecting might be better labeled with the term revelation. Though that depends on how rough you think things are going to get. Are we talking about not much worse than things are now (poor economy, possible political conflict), really bad (economic collapse, likely martial law and civil war and/or revolution), or apocalyptic (nuclear and/or biological holocaust and worldwide government collapse)?

I honestly think that in the end, the threat of outside attacks will only go so far, as opposed to too far. There is enough distrust in the government that fear of outside attacks will not be enough for most people to be willing to give up their personal freedom's and/or rights in hopes of protection. It is likely that any attempt to do so will be met with much opposition, and throw the country into civil war than unity.

And I honestly think that there is a possibility because of the artifacts that were found on Luna, the military might have decided to only allow authorized (read: covert) missions, so there would be no more footage for anyone to spy any constructs they found. The Air Force, or at least a branch of it, probably has at least hypersonic aircraft, and possibly even spacecraft, perhaps using tech developed from studying extraterrestrial technology. You probably already know by now that I find more lesser known and eccentric stuff about Luna, so I'd probably find any related articles a fascinating read, so yeah, you're welcome to send it.

And how good are you at drawing? If you are any good, I would suggest brainstorming that way, and model a 3D mesh of the final design you come up with.

16. The Castellan

I'll cobble up some stuff to send you soon about the moon.
    Now for the government being trust or taking freedoms...just remember what happened on september 11, 2001. (we were also supposed to have a HUGE conference called the disclosure conference, which was going to be going over all the ramifications of actual disclosure on alien life, bu the trade center attack happened around the same thing, and so instead of important things, like the chance of finding out about alien life, and maybe better sources of energy, we're fighting Arabs and bailing out banks....and look how much better we are because of it ~eyeroll~ After it happened, the government went, "Look at this terrible thing that happened! You need to give up your freedoms, privacy and rights so that we can protect you!" and the sad part is a lot of people, in a sense of paranoia and a corrupted sense of patriotism, said, "Yes, we'll do that, please protect us!" and look at what we have now, the patriot act, phone tappings, never ending wars with Arabs, and a new bill that the military can take anyone into custody, if even remotely thought of as a terrorist threat without charges, trial or any die process....even the Nazi's got fair trials when the war ended....the past decade has been what I call a resurgence in fear paranoia of in the style of MacArthur when people were literally looking under their beds, expecting to find a communist, or allowing the government and military to break laws and wage illegal and immoral wars in the name of fighting communism, same with today, just that the Russians and Chinese were replaced with Arabs, and Communists replaced with Terrorists. Just different ism's and ist's.....it all boils down to either an exaggerated or invented Boogieman. I only hope humanity learned its lesson with these past 10 or so years to know its time to change. Here's who I look at the word "Apocalypse", apart from the D.C. Comics villain of the same name.

We're in a world dominated by both falsehood and misconception, right now. I feel the apocalypse talked about by the Mayans, Hopi, and so on is of this era of falsehood and misconception coming to an end, and something that's been kept hidden from the majority of us for many uncounted years. Weather it's spiritual, alien life being known to us, or just a new way of thinking and doing things, it's something that has the bad guys (the ones in power, and not wanting to give it up for anything, to the point they will kill for it) so worried, that while they know the jig is nearly up, they are going to do what they can to hold onto that power as long as possible. To me, the ones who laugh ( or in most of their cases, LOL'ing, instead), call names like tinfoil hat or nutter, or, to be really cool, post images of either poorly made alien costumes or big names in the paranormal research community and toss in silly, cheesy captions are often folks who, despite complaining about their lives and the problems of the world around them, really don't do much to do anything about it, or think it's not worth doing, or won't do it because they either gotta a ballgame to go to or see who got booted off Idol, or they just watch political primaries, or those annoying as hell negative TV commercials, where the clowns in suits are calling each other names or talking smack about their opponents. Another is that, despite the dreariness of the world, and maybe their lives, they don't want it to change...some folks, especially older folks (remember the silent majority?), do not like or want change, even if the change is good. I remember speaking about just the idea of alien life, and one old religious woman put her hands to her ears and shouted, "I'm not listening to this, LA LA LA!", despite saying to her alien life would make her god look even mightier than before had we just been all he made. So, as the older ones start vanishing and more open minded, willing folks come forward, we got chance. Because I see no possible reason to actually want the world to continue being the miserable, paranoid, fear mongering trailerpark of the cosmos.

I bet we already have anti-grav propulsion in use, only by the military, of course, since we peons are not worthy....they'll let us have the earth, but they wan the rest of the solar system, I bet.

If you also want ready to find images, get a copy the second edition of Dark mission: the secret history of NASA, it's got amazing stuff with lunar structures, the images were from a former NASA employee who witnessed lunar films (the actual negatives) being airbrushed and all that, yet 4 sets of the original, untouched images were retained, and he was ordered to destroy them. He destroyed three of them, and because of a sense of patriotism and wanting to do the right thing, saved one set, and kept them hidden until just recently, and there's amazing things seen, structures measuring in the height of miles. and the flight recording of the lunar mission before the moon landing one, one of the astronauts, while 8 miles above the surface went, "damn, we almost hit that thing!" and I wonder just what that 'thing' was. I think it was one of those glass towers or domes....more so sense the lunar landing astronauts mentioned and pictured the sky and it was hazy and opaque, like in a morning sky (yet the moon has no air to do so) and the sky also descried at 'patent leather' and here's something...they said the gold face plates on the apollo helmets were to block light coming to the eyes....they actually allow more light to come in.
    Anyhow, I'll send you some nice stuff, but will take me awhile to find the good stuff to present.

As for my drawing skills....I can draw decent robots, vehicles and so on, but i never used 3D to make actual meshes, all my 3D stuff is Daz Studio/Poser, and that just uses meshes and textures already made that on can download. Closest I can do it put together some odds 'n sods to maybe make some approximate ideas.

Anyhow, how's THIS for a possible Starfleet Uniform, about 10 years after Nemesis? There's a male version as well, both use the same patterns and colors and so on.
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/holmberg-x-for-v4-and-v4-bodysuit/83717 i'd really like to somehow get some TMP elements back into Starfleet uniforms. I'll also see if I can improvise a few options, like an optional skirt or optional boots/shoes with high heels for the girls, and maybe an optional scant for the guys. Maybe even design new com badge or something.

17. JES

I didn't even know such a conference was planned. Where did you get knowledge of this?

Your right about the Patriot Act in response to 9/11. Perhaps what I should have said is that most people will only allow the government to take so much of their rights away until the government comes under heavy criticism, or even all out "repeal this or else!" protests. About the only scenario I'm worried about would be an event of cataclysmic proportions, natural or man-made, such as a plague, or Yellowstone erupting, in which the declaration of martial law might not seem like such an irrational decision to most people, or that there aren't enough people left to protest to the point that trying to cooperate would probably make things a lot less painful for everyone, as opposed to cracking/clamping down, and using whatever force works to restore "order".

The bill that allows the military to arrest anyone they see as a threat without due process on the other hand however does cause me worry, and not just because this shows an apparent lack of willingness to stick to our moral standard, even in the face of our enemies, even if this does make it easier to contain internal threats. The problem lies in the possibility that a citizen arrested, and abused, cannot file a lawsuit for any harm that is done to him, because the officials holding him won't allow it, even if he/she were innocent, and no much how much s/he evokes his/her constitutional rights. Even more scary is the thought of twisting the term "terrorist" to mean anyone who is against or a threat to the military, even if they or a branch of the military isn't exactly loyal to the ideals or laws of the United States. Especially when this is the type of thinking that needs to be avoided, because this is not the way that we, a moral, rational, compassionate people, are supposed to think, and that includes the military (in the off chance that any military personnel happen to read this). It is when we start to operate in a "if you aren't with us, you are against us", "any potential threat must be neutralized, even if neutralization means lethal force or permanent injury", and "shoot first, ask questions later" mindset that we not only stray away from our American heritage and reputation, but also begin to turn our backs on our fellow citizens.

And for those who start down this path, they have two choices: either they can turn back, and face whatever consequences for whatever actions they have taken, or they can continue down that path, and attempt to cover up their actions whatever the cost, no matter who gets hurt or killed, or how much of the good and moral part of them that they loose or suppress, though the more that they do so, the deeper a hole they dig themselves into, and the less likely that they will receive any forgiveness for what they have done, whereas repenting sooner is more likely to end things with less pain and hardship.

I think people are beginning to realize that we cannot continue to do things the way that we have been, and that we need to stray away from the "status quo", but they don't know how to establish the necessary changes, and we've thus far failed to elect someone who is willing and able to make the necessary overrides of the "the powers that be".

And so the term apocalypse is a sort of synonym for revelation after all. I thought that might be the case, I just never heard of that beforehand.

I think the problem with these sorts of people is that they are so pessimistic. I think it also helps if we think of this as more of a sort of evolution of society, a sort of improvement, and upgrade, a "Civilization Version 2.1" or whatever, as opposed to thinking of the changes as total replacements, where we are going to have to figure out how to use all of these changes to their best potential, and spend time struggling how to do so, because I don't think that is how it has to be. I think that rather than dropping the subject(s) or covering up things, there should be like a huge debate or discussion, in which we work out how fast the advances are implemented and at what pace, give those overtly religious folks a new way to think, so that they don't have an aneurysm or think they are committing an act against God, or whatnot, come up with a way for all of the businesses and companies not be left obsolete/out of business, but to help introduce the changes/they don't have to be left behind, and come up with a deal with the wealthy/elite so that they have no fear that they will be left out on the streets/left behind, or that they still won't be able to live well/keep their mansions and summer homes, so long as this doesn't cause anyone any harm. Might they loose some of their power? Probably. But that doesn't mean that they have to loose their legacies.

Companies that are currently oil or gas companies can become providers for fuel/power cells, I foresee a future where all of the automobile companies build cars that fly or float, and I see the possibility of utility companies still providing power, but in the form of much cheaper, efficient, and effective power sources, such as nuclear fusion. Is there a possibility that they won't be earning as much money as in the past? Yes, but they will still be around, because they will still have a purpose and a reputation, and having a purpose, and having an affinity for that purpose, is what really matters. Having material possessions, money, and power might be nice, but not when it gets to the point where you have a fear of loosing it, or where you harm others in an attempt to keep it.

Even those in charge and their employees of companies that no longer have a purpose, such as dissection body providers, don't necessarily have to end up abandoned on the streets; we could redistribute resources to support them, and set up a service to help them find a new occupation. It is when we act as a society to support each other that we are better off, because this can make it unnecessary to go "everyone for him/herself" in even the worse of circumstances, not to mention much more preferable.

I said it before, and I'll say it again: the military almost always gets the coolest stuff. I almost can't stand the fact that most of their aircraft are supersonic-capable; I couldn't if not for the fact that we are having oil shortages. But as soon as we switch to something like hydrogen fuel cells, I'm going to have half a mind to contact whoever is in charge of customer relations and ask when the supersonic airliners will start flying, because after that, there will be no excuse for using mostly, let alone only, sub-sonic aircraft. The only use that sub-sonic aircraft would have would be short-range travel, and I mean no further than between bordering states. If I'm traveling to the other side of the country, or further, I want to get there fast, especially if the seats are 1) very comfortable, or 2) easy to sleep in.

And if the military has figured out how the use anti-gravity propulsion, under the circumstances that we really need a replacement for oil, the reasons had better be that the only power sources that they have found to be powerful enough are radioactive or otherwise harmful, should the craft using them, say for example: crash, despite countless periods of time spent by some of the worlds most brilliant scientists trying to find an energy source that is both adequate and cause any serious detrimental effects to anyone or anything it is exposed to, and can't be turned into a bomb by some crazies that is anymore dangerous than current vehicles. Because this isn't the case, someone really needs to march right up to where they keep this stuff, and demand to know why the hell the blueprints for the drives hasn't been sold to all of the engine corporations and the formula for the power source sold to all of the energy companies, because I would really love for our highways to be given a major overhaul, so we can all go 150 mph WITHOUT BEING CHASED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT, like they can do in Germany, and to a lesser extent, in Italy, or in the movie I Robot! Ever since I saw that movie, I have thought "that is more like how are highways should function!".

And who the hell are they, or anyone else, to say who is worthy? If we're not worthy, than neither are they, end of discussion. This probably wouldn't be such a big deal in my opinion if 1) our current most popular power source weren't running out, 2) getting more expensive, and 3) polluting and causing environmental changes which needs to be stopped. And it is not their job to own the planet, let alone the entire solar system, it's to protect us! If they want to be in charge, for all I care, they can run for office, but if they try to pull one over on us and set them up as president for life, I'm 99.9 percent sure they will regret it, because there is no such thing as a president for life, and anyone who coronations themselves as such definitely needs to be arrested (though not necessarily shot or otherwise killed, but that's because we don't want them to go into the "kill or be killed mode", because I there is a chance they might be more willing to come willingly if they know they will be shown mercy).

I would definitely love anything about the artificial structures on Luna; ever since I've heard of these on the History Channel, and read mentioning of these on the Internet, I've wanted to find out as much about these things as I could. I'm hoping that I will live to see the day that these artifacts will become a tourist attraction, and that I might even be able to walk among them myself. Can you imagine the look on the faces of a group of students, while touring these artifacts in the same way that that a class might go to Egypt or Rome or Greece over Spring Break?

I don't suppose I could expect to find a copy of Dark Mission at Borders or something? I've heard that Luna is apparently hollow, since it rung like a bell for hours after the Apollo moon module landed, I've heard that the Astronauts reported seeing craters so deep, they couldn't see the bottom, and whats more, that they saw UFOs coming in and out of them. But I've never heard of the sky having an unusual appearance, so I'm wondering if they landed through some sort of force field, because Luna doesn't appear to have it's own actual atmosphere, or any clouds, unless they are so thin, they can only be seen from the surface. I won't mind having to wait a little longer for you to gather your articles and what not. I've been waiting ever since I've found out about these things on Luna, and a little longer won't hurt any!

I'm enjoying having these discussions with you, though I'm also a little conscious that they are probably becoming off topic. I'm starting to think that perhaps it would be a good idea to continue this topic in another thread. But this is your thread, so technically, as long as the administrator come in and say that it is off topic the decision is ultimately up to you.

It might be worth considering trying to get a 3D modeling program. Making your own brand new designs can go a long way. If all else fails, I suppose you could go asking around for someone to make a 3D model based on your sketches, I guess.

That actually looks like it might work surprisingly well, especially considering that these weren't exactly made to be Starfleet uniforms. They might not work perfectly without a few adjustments however.

18. The Castellan

We'll see once I get my 3D computer up and running again. I'll also send you some interesting Lunar/Mars stuff later, would have earlier, but a migraine prevented me from doing so.

19. JES

I have no problem with waiting. I had been hoping to find more information on the subject since the topic was discussed in Ancient Aliens, but hadn't been expecting to find any more, short of conjecture (though I like conjectures and theories too, I like facts even more). You have already given me information about Luna that I wasn't aware of, and I'm thankful for that. I'm looking forward to whatever other information you happen to have, especially on Mars, due to the fact that it was apparently had life at one time, as well as artificial structures (I'm also hoping that one day, the Plains of Cydonia will become a tourist attraction like the pyramids of Egypt and South America, though I sadly find it unlikely that this will happen in my life time). I'm just hoping to have something to read by the summer.

Besides, I don't like doing anything keyboard related when I have a headache either.

20. The Castellan

Glad you like what sent you, I'll get some more for you later, this way will be best, since we won't have any jerks trying to be 'cool' with their tinfoil hat remarks or posting silly pictures with cheesy captions, since many Trek fans, it seems hate the idea of anything paranormal or some on Trek actually happening for real, that, for some reason, would crush them. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I'll put up a few more 3D pictures I made before the HD crash shortly. Hopefully, I'll find a better computer to continue 3D'ing on.:) And keep an eye on your PM box over the next few days.:techman: