I want to talk about the grifters

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Captain Dax, Jan 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

RMB is as much as a grifter as Doomcock.

Yep. I said his name.

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Not only that, rather than let fans decide for themselves, he spoiled the reveal in advance. That's some seriously petty ass bullshit right there.

Sci likes this.
  3. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

My take on what I'll think of PIC Season 3 is based on mathematics. I like PIC Seasons 1-2 better than the TNG Movies, therefore I'll like PIC Season 3 better than the TNG Movies. I also expect to like whatever their take on the TNG characters is.

But if someone hasn't liked PIC so far, then I understand why they wouldn't be looking forward to PIC Season 3.

Sadly not just an RMB thing.

4. cal888

cal888 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The goal of RMB and some of the other YouTube influencers who have seen season 3 is to try and get people that have already written off NuTrek entirely, and disengaged from the franchise, to give this one another chance. The spoilers they have released have been targeted at this audience. Give it 30-40 minutes... Picard and Riker sound like Picard and Riker. The tone feels like Star Trek. Terry Matalas is different and has a from-within-the-franchise perspective. Behind the scenes people from the Berman era are back. Raffi is actually great this time. If enough people try it and like it, we might get more Star Trek from Matalas in this style.

RMB does like Prodigy...

Fair enough. Most of the writers are the same. But Akiva Goldsman and the executives that apparently interfered in the beginning of season 2 are gone. Most of S2E01 "The Star Gazer" was filmed at the end of season 2 and had the strongest influence of Matalas. So that might give the best example of what might be expected in season 3. Did you like that episode?

5. Gul Sengosts

Gul Sengosts Commander Red Shirt

Maths, hmm... let's see what maths say about how I'll like season 3.

PIC S1 = 7/10
    PIC S2 = 2/10
    PIC S3 = -3/10

Uh oh...

Lord Garth likes this.
  6. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

The "grifters" don't get their own topic here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.