I rented "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" last night

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 1, 2013.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, as a Anglophile, that made me sad, but in a move this OTT something like that doesn't bother me that much.

2. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

"Rise of Cobra" was shit. "Retaliation" was shit sprayed with Febreeze. I could have done without watching either, but "Retaliation" was less objectionable...mainly because of a brief scene of Lady Jaye in spanks...

3. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe this makes me officially nerdy, but there is a scene in the Rise of Cobra that seems to be taken right from the cartoon.

Within a minute after being introduced (in the midst of combat) Scarlett is in a wee bit of trouble and runs behind a wall for cover. The wall is destroyed and she falls to the ground and is in a precarious situation wherein in a brutish Cobra NeoViper is looming over her. She tells him to look out and he doesn't "fall for it" and is taken out by her delayed arrow while she is still on the ground.

There is an episode called "The Viper is Coming" where this happens twice. At West Point, the Joes surround Cobra forces in their jeeps until someone shoots out their tires. Scarlett winds up on the ground and looking up a brutish Cobra soldier looking down at this once-proud-but-now-defenseless woman, and she tells him to look out behind him. He also doesn't "fall for it" when he is taken out by a soldier at West Point, whom she thanks for saving her.

A similar situation happens in the same episode where the elevator that the Joes are riding in is gassed, and when it opens, Scarlett, who is on the floor, finds herself looking up at a looming Destro.