How was the Xindi bioweapon stopped in 2004 in the "Twilight" timeline?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by marsh8472, Oct 23, 2017.

1. marsh8472

marsh8472 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In S03E08 "Twilight" Archer became infected with the parasites which kept him away from his duties due to long term memory loss. I think it's safe to assume that the Xindi still went back in time to 2004 to build the bioweapon to destroy humanity like in the events of S03E11 "Carpenter Street". If Archer wasn't involved in stopping the Xindi bioweapon, how were they stopped?

2. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Anything involving the Xindi was involving the Sphere Builders and Temporal Cold War anyway so events in the past didn't necessarily happen until they suddenly did.

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

IIRC, the bioweapon was a "plan b" which I guess wasn't needed.

Or maybe they used it to exterminate whole colonies, who knows?

4. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

With Archer unavailible, Danials contacted Trip (or someone else) to carry out the mission.

5. CommanderTrip

CommanderTrip Captain Captain

^^No need for Trip. Archer still could have been involved in "Carpenter Street" Daniels just would have needed to (frequently) remind Archer was was going on. :biggrin: I could only imagine the dramatic tension created when Archer struggles with space alzheimers and forgets he went back in time 150 years to stop space lizards from releasing the space flu. Oh my.

Granted, if Daniels did still recruit Archer for this mission, it would raise a few eyebrows. :vulcan: It could have been an interesting two parter. Part I Archer gets infected and goes back in time with Daniels and T'Pol. Part II, T'Pol and Daniels search for Archer and the weapon kind of like Kirk and Spock searching for McCoy in "City on the Edge of Forever".

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

From 2004's perspective, both the "normal" and "Twilight" timelines are possible futures. Therefore, it is safe to assume that "Carpenter Street" always went down like we saw it.

7. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Finally, our heroes in "Carpenter Street" appear convinced that the three Xindi only went to the past in order to hide. For reasons unknown to us, Archer and T'Pol think that the Xindi expected to get back to the 22nd century and to release the bioweapon there - and that them trying to spread it 150 years "too early" was a desperation maneuver, a Plan B the Xindi never thought they needed.

Why this would be, we never find out. But if there was basis in fact to this speculation, then there would be no need to stop that attack in "Twilight", as the very fact that it went unopposed would mean it was never conducted!

Timo Saloniemi