How to fix the holographic displays in Picard

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Romulan_spy, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Pubert

Pubert Vice Admiral Admiral

Let’s just say this it’s not a priority for me to watch it. Not since there are far more creative shows out there like The Umbrella Academy. Picard looks and feels like a generic sci fi show now. Yeah I’ll probably watch the second season but like I said won’t be rushing to watch it

2. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Yet it seems to be a huge priority for you to complain about it. So if little things like holographic displays make you hate the show, perhaps you should not watch it at all, because the producers will certainly not take your complaints into account for the next season.

3. Pubert

so basically we shouldn’t complain? If we never complained we would never get better quality show. Picard stinks. It’s viewership after the 5th episode dropped 50%. That’s about the time I started losing interest because it wasn’t getting better. Worse actually. I stuck it out because I’m a Star Trek fan. But after that last episode I really have very little ambition to continue. I’m sure I’ll watch the second season but I’m not excited about it.

4. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

It’s not the complaint that’s the problem. It’s that it’s the same regurgitated complaint over and over, and the knowledge that your regurgitated complaints will fall on deaf ears and will not change the minds of the people producing the show. So you can either continue to regurgitate the same complaints over and over to people who really don’t think your complaints are a big deal, or you can just not watch the show. Or you can contact the showrunner and complain to him, instead of complaining to us.

5. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Complaining does jack here. You're a Star Trek fan? So are most here and that still doesn't obligate any of us to watch.

So, do the best way to show CBS you don't like it-don't watch, don't give it notice.

6. somebuddyX

somebuddyX Commodore Commodore

If someone wants to complain and you don't like it, don't read it then. If people want to talk it up and people want to talk it down who gives a shit.

Kpnuts likes this.
  7. Pubert

Uh have you noticed the title of this thread?

8. fireproof78

Picard Complainers Anonymous?

9. somebuddyX

somebuddyX Commodore Commodore

Anyone else notice the Klingons in TMP look and sound different than the one in the TV series called Star Trek (what's this The Original Series shit, it says Star Trek in the title). If people can still find ways to moan about that surely cut them slack for a bunch of Picard moans from a few months ago.

10. fireproof78

11. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Yes. The thread title is “how to fix the holographic displays in Picard,” not “complain incessantly about the holographic displays in Picard.”

Nope. If someone wants to complain about insignificant crap, then I can complain about their complaints. That’s how the internet works.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    Turtletrekker and fireproof78 like this.
  12. dinnae ken

dinnae ken Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Much like the glass bottoms on tankards, see-thru displays allow you to see disgruntled officers and inebriated cadets coming at ya while you're multi-tasking during a disco celebration that spilled over to your workstation.

13. Pubert

I think the console designs on The Orville are much better. They are clean and simple and no holo controls. So much more practical. But I guess since they aren’t holo floating controls right in your face they don’t look futuristic. Lol
    Also EC Henry is right holograms are more advanced in Star Trek why use these cheap see through holograms when you can make solid looking consoles. Star Trek has holo displays before even on TNG but it was to show a planet, or device. I loved in the video how EC made his holo controls within a minute and shows cheesy commercials that all use them. Star Trek has always had a special look and Kurtzman and company just don’t get it. Now Star Trek is a cluttered mess of to much see through holography and junk on the bridge. The clean designs that have always marked Star Trek are gone. The Orville got it right and their sets and bridge looks beautiful, simplistic yet futuristic. Look at Rikers bridge all red and green color neon accents. My gosh it looked so bad. The romulans bridge looked the same frankly. Since when do romulan and Starfleet am design their bridges the same way with the same alert status neons lighting the bridge. SMH.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    Kpnuts likes this.
  14. fireproof78

As per usual, I can see the differences, it doesn't look generic in context and the constant nitpicking won't change a thing in terms of personal enjoyment. The Orville feels dated and will not feel futuristic to me.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  15. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Why are we still going on about the f*****g Orville? Weren't there warnings given about this?

16. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Because someone feels the need to repeat oneself ad nauseum so that the thread keeps getting artificially bumped even though there’s nothing new to say about the subject.

Really, isn’t it time to lock this already?

17. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

Let him dig his own grave.

18. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I've never given an actual warning for reference The Orville...that might have been another forum...but I am getting tired of this pattern of @Pubert stirring things up in threads that have gone quiet for a few days to contribute, as has been said, nothing new. I might consider this Trolling if it continues.

19. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

There's a reason why they call 3D interfaces "Natural User Interfaces" (NSI). Here are a few links for info and problem solving they're currently doing.

Hopefully, EC Henry will put out an error-correcting video, because normally his content is pretty decent.

fireproof78 likes this.
  20. Pubert

I’ve never mentioned the Orville at all in this thread. I was comparing their style to the other shows. This is a thread about holo graphics and why they don’t work. If I can’t even do comparisons without you guys calling me a troll then why have threads here at all? I gave a comparison you guys can agree with it or give reasons why you think the Orville looks primitive. Do we have technology like the orvilles in our society today running big aircraft carriers or planes? If we are going to have a discussion that would be a response to mine. As far as I can tell we don’t have that tech and touch panels but if I’m wrong counter the discussion.