How human are humans?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Abi Smith, Nov 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But given what the American Leadership knew at the time. It was the best decision that they could've made with the information they had.

Hindsight being 20/20 it's easier to take a long view approach on the subject and use information that certain sides didn't have at that time to judge them.

I believe that they did there best with the information they had and used what was necessary to quickly end the war.

2. KamenRiderBlade

GMO isn't the issue, it's the pesticides used with GMO's. Scientists have already validated GMO's and their interactions with humans and other people have already chimed in, so I'm not going to retread things.
    As far as Lactose Intolerance, people can build it up over time. My family is Asian and I was born Lactose Intolerance, but over time we adapted to it by ingesting foods with lactose and built up resistance.

Allergies could be aggravated worse by pollution which is a global issue.

Cancer is another issue that we're working on.

The whole screen issue is the lack of Parenting from the Adults in the room. Why didn't they want to do real parenting? That's the question you have to ask them.

I agree, many people are: lazy, entitled, prissy, weak creatures. But who raised them that way?

You of course have the right to choose whom you associate with.

3. marlboro

marlboro Guest

So it's settled then: we are going to nuke the elephants before they enslave humanity and force us to eat nothing but genetically engineered peanuts.

4. KamenRiderBlade

I hope you're being sarcastic. It's hard to hear the tone of your voice over text on the internet in a forum.

5. marlboro

marlboro Guest

I have never been more serious in my life.

NOVE9 likes this.
  6. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

I guess as a non American I should value American lives over Japanese ones.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think you missed the part where he said that an invasion would have cost more Japanese lives as well. More than the actual number of casualties that did occur, no doubt.

8. KamenRiderBlade

Every side values lives on their side first over the opposing side during war. It was the right call at the time given the information they had. I don't disagree with what the Allied leadership decided to do.

It's too easy to criticize past leadership given much more information that you've pulled out 70+ years after the war.

9. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Next topic: Should The Old Mixer have bombed the thread?

To be discussed...somewhere else.

1001001 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.