How does it make you feel?

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by WillsBabe, Mar 7, 2008.

1. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd be interested to hear how exercise makes other people feel. I know that a great deal of the enjoyment I get from exercise is because of that wonderful endorphin high. But there are other ways that it makes me feel; the day after for example, I feel centred, grounded, strong, calm. It's really wonderful!

Overall, the discipline of taking regular exercise and the routine of it have become real cornerstones of my life and I'm so thankful for discovering it and I'm grateful for the joy it's brought into my life.

Anyone else care to share? :)

2. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I've always enjoyed the sense of detachment from the rest of my day-to-day life it gives me while I am doing it.

3. galleywest

galleywest Lovable Flake Premium Member

I always feel better about myself after I exercise. I have a rule that I can't be mad about my weight if I continue to exercise, and as I feel this is fair--it works! Sometimes while I'm doing it I'm grumpy or don't want to do it, but sometimes I feel very strong and powerful during my run. I love that feeling!

4. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

I know what you mean. Some days I can't get into the workout and other days working out makes me feel strong and powerful. Either way though when it's over I'm really glad I did it. :)