How do you interact on TrekBBS?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gary7, Oct 12, 2018.

?

How interactive are you on TBBS?

Poll closed Apr 12, 2019.
  1. Zero. I only browse, never post.

2.9%
  2. Some. I post a little here and there.

50.0%
  3. Moderate. I post fairly often and PM

28.6%
  4. Heavy. If I'm not posting daily, something is wrong. PM some.

18.6%
  5. Addicted. I post and PM a lot.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Private. I don't really post but I PM a lot.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Yes, but even there I read more often than I post. I mostly come around to read the Brit thread every now and then.

2. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Here daily, but mostly just to read. More of a lurker I guess. Post once in a while, if the topic or mood strikes me. Been know to PM on occasion.

3. psCargile

psCargile Captain Captain

I use a team of lawyers.

4. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

my commiserations! 3 lawyers tend to have 4 different opinions. And they'll charge you for 8 :D
    (board members excluded, of course ;))

5. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

My rate of posting varies depending on whether or not any topic(s) pique my interest.

Kilana2 likes this.
  6. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

between some and moderate.... I post in a few spots somewhat regularly and hardly ever PM (had one extensive PM convo that got subsequently moved to email).

7. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Lately I post rather frequently, but hardly ever PM at all. Sometimes I'll go a while between posts; a weekend, several days, even longer. One time I went about thirteen years without posting.

Kor

c0rnedfr0g likes this.
  8. Paul Weaver

Paul Weaver Vice Admiral Premium Member

I used to post daily when it first started, then spent years lurking (couldn't keep up with threads). At some point some new software allowed thread subscriptions, so it was safe to resume a little.

9. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I post sporadically. Usually I lurk, but sometimes if a thread catches my attention I'll post... then the thread will immediately die :lol: Or, I'll come up with a topic nobody will respond to. I try not to let it discourage me, though :)

Edit: Sorry for potentially shutting down this thread! :evil:

c0rnedfr0g likes this.
  10. Doom Shepherd

Doom Shepherd Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm here daily, and I post pretty often, but mostly in TNZ, because I've no interest at all in debating the combination to Kirk's safe for the thousandth time, not do I, in general, care about other people's opinions regarding most entertainment, because it's all so very subjective.

But rehashing why certain politicians and organizations and people are just awful in the extreme for the thousandth time? Sign me up!

Mod edited to remove link to poster's profile listed under "people".

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2018
  11. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

You know better than to link to another poster's profile while calling them "awful in the extreme" (I'm deleting it, so don't put it back in your post)).

Infraction for trolling. Comments to PM.
    Don't do this again.

Tora Ziyal, cultcross and Brefugee like this.
  12. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Captain Kirk's combination to his safe just happens to be 5231 in case your wondering. I know the question would be on everyone's mind once it was brought up and had to be resolved. Which indicates he was with Section 31 during his first year at the Academy because that started on that earth date. He also meets Ruth who might have been a fellow agent and they destroyed the ship Charlie Evans was on because of a Section 31 mission since that also happened in 2252 and thus Kirk felt guilt and left Section 31. But he never wanted to forget what he he did that year thus went with the safe number 5231 which he keeps his old black badge as a rememberance as something he never wants to become again.

Jason

teacake and Paul Weaver like this.
  13. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

I have to quote myself: one person has voted. But most likely not posted anything.....

14. TribbleFeeder

TribbleFeeder Rear Admiral Premium Member

I spend likely too much time on here. :rofl:

1001001 and Kilana2 like this.
  15. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

My interaction over the last year+, or lack thereof, was the topic of another thread. Since then I've made an effort to be more active on the board.

16. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've realized lately my posting comes in spurts. One day I might post heavily in the Trek forums (DS9 and TNG mostly), most days I see what the Sci Fi forum is doing, and sometimes I don't even post at all. I barely use the PM feature, but then no one PMs me.

17. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I never post here, and i intent to continue never posting, and noone and nothing will ever make me post.

18. Riker'sMailbox

Riker'sMailbox Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I post sometimes and have pm'ed a little. I really don't know anyone here well enough to pm regularly.

19. c0rnedfr0g

c0rnedfr0g Commodore Commodore

I bet Kirk's luggage combination is 1-2-3-4.

20. PureCrimson

PureCrimson Commander Red Shirt

Surprised by the poll, so I guess the most active posters haven't made it to this topic yet?

Eh, I like Trek, but I'm pretty casual and not at all versed enough to really add in much to discussions about it. I mostly just stick to general, and even then, it's very slight.