How do Voyager fans feel about DS9?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by TheGodBen, Oct 18, 2009.

?

How do you feel about DS9?

1. I love DS9, both it and Voyager are excellent

37 vote(s)
    33.6%
  2. I like DS9, but I prefer Voyager

24 vote(s)
    21.8%
  3. DS9 was okay, I have no strong feelings

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. I disliked DS9, Voyager was the superior show

7 vote(s)
    6.4%
  5. I loath DS9, it ruined my life

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  6. I'm not a Voyager fan but I want to screw with the percentages

36 vote(s)
    32.7%
  1. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Just wanted to chime in again and say the "VOY hatred" is being blown out of proportion, as the poll over in the Niner subforum shows...

2. gupeter

gupeter Ensign Red Shirt

Actually I think that DS9 hit more of the Trek thing tahn any of the others after TOS.

It is a moot point anyway as if you pay attention over the years all of the series blend together.

So nitter natter about what series is best..... in your hearts you like them all

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I find it humourous how the most vocal Janeway apologists will not accept the first mote of criticism or decent, that they must deomonize decent casual ordinary people with the most innocent questions.

Yup, Galileo and me, two peas in a pod. ;)

4. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

I think you mean "dissent", not decent. ;)

But yeah, they do treat her as the Mary Sue that Jeri Taylor unwisely wrote her as.

5. Guy Gardener

Hells, I even spelt descent and decent the same.

meh.

By the end, Janeway had a nicer head of hair than Sisko.

6. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Let's keep it about posts and not posters. Thanks.

7. Evil Ezri

Evil Ezri Lieutenant

If I had free time to watch Voyager or DS9, I may be more interested at this time to watch Voyager. A single episode of Voyager can stand on their own, with the down turn Voyager has a habit of having rebooting the series. With DS9, it is not that simple as you have to watch it from episode to the next episode.

Think the worst that can drive new fans nuts, is to see Kes and 7 of 9 and back again being out of order. Feel it is worse, is when you see Jadzia Dax and Ezri Dax and back again being out of order.

8. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

:confused: Guy and Anwar weren't talking about anybody in particular, more a segment of fandom in general.

9. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why would you want to watch the episodes out of order? :confused:

10. Evil Ezri

Evil Ezri Lieutenant

Years ago in a time long long lost, Spike TV used to broadcast TNG, Voyager and yes DS9. Sometimes, you miss an episode and have to deal with watching the shows out of order.

11. Guy Gardener

Back when I was copying vhs tapes a decade and change ago, It was usually more about convenience than chronology, that when I sit down in the here and now to watch one of these old lock-boxes of mildew and rot, if they still work, people are getting older and younger and and their hair styles are all over the place... Jadzia and Ezi, Ezri is wonderful, but she only got the one year that was mostly occupied by a tightly written 14 episode continuing story that she was wallpaper for throughout the final end run to a conclusive and definitive organic endgame. I think that because Voyager stayed the same for the whole seven years disconnected isolated reset button riddled bunny hops that the change over between Seven and Kes is about the only identifiable point in the whole series, except maybe the Deltaflier, which proves that season one Voyager is not season seven Voyager.

I was serious about her hair. I loved the Bob. It bought her sexy right to the fore. Would I not sleep with women just because she had a bun? Possibly? We'll never know until fashion begins to become ass backwards.

12. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That doesn't explain how you would see Ezri, than Jadzia, than Ezri again etc., or episodes with Kes gone and then episodes with Kes on the ship. Unless Spike TV for some reason showed episodes out of order.

As for missing episodes, that was an issue once, but it's not much of an issue today, when you can just download the episode you've missed, or, in some cases, watch it online.

13. Guy Gardener

Combing conflicting viewings of regularly scheduled from competing networks that 4 or 5 episodes of ds9 and or Voyager can be found a day across the board from your cable stations + network + local, along side your personal collection...

Why didn't we see the zhian'tara ceremony from season 3's facets with Ezri. that would have been fun. i wonder who would have taken Jadzia's personality and if Kurzon and/or odo could really be trusted again?

But that would have put them in the same room. :)

I giggled to see Seven and Kess all blonde and lovely working along side each other. It made my pants happy. How grateful I am for all the scenes in which Seven and Harry shared over the next 4 years which surpassed the Ocampan and the Borg's chemistry by sooooooooooooooo much.

14. chakotay_lover

chakotay_lover Lieutenant Red Shirt

As a huge voyager and tng fan I thought ds9 was ok, it was lacking in adventure, because they were on a space station and there was a planet and some exploring of the gamma quadrant, and sometimes earth, but that was it really, alot of kidnapping and dominion war....kinda boring sometimes, and they killed of jaxdea, one of my favorite cahracters of the series. i like captains siskos WERID expressions, really sometimes his facial expressions were serial killer scary...and I liked the feragis. Overall ds9 just lacked variety. they milked the dominion and prophets and ferganar and founders and cardassians and bojourns and that was about it..yep that about sums up seven seasons of ds9.

15. freak

freak Commodore Commodore

I like DS9 but I prefer Voyager. :) I can also sympathize with the characters and relate to the cast on Voyager more so than DS9. I personally liked the plot development more on Voyager than on DS9. They were just on a space station on DS9, whereas on Voyager they were stranded 70,000 light years in space. :)

Betelnut likes this.
  16. kessy joe

kessy joe Lieutenant Junior Grade

I love both shows.

Betelnut likes this.
  17. Guy Gardener

I tell my children the same story. One of them knows I'm lying.

18. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Loved TNG after they got past the first season. Loved DS9 after they got past the 2nd season. Loved Voyager right out of the shoot. Never caught on with Enterprise, although it definately had its moments. (Still feel sorry for the way TPTB ended THAT series. Talk about being shortchanged.)

19. Helmgirlie

Helmgirlie Commander Red Shirt

I loved DS9. I was a DS9 fan/watcher before I got hooked up with Voyager. In fact I was irritated when they suddenly stopped broadcasting DS9 in Holland and just started with Voyager. I didn't know Voyager and wasn't interested at all. But ok, I had nothing better to do and decided to just watch one show. I started with the first episode and it was ok. And then I watched the next one, the day after and I got hooked and watched all 7 seasons.

20. StarshipDefiant

StarshipDefiant Captain Captain

I consider myself a lukewarm Star Trek: Voyager fan (I try to like something about all the treks, really), but I vastly prefer Star Trek: Deep Space 9, at least in the later seasons. Voyager, to me, was a show that missed a lot of opportunities, and seemed to ignore the premise for the sake of convenience (I actually think I read that somewhere before), which is a shame to because it had the potential to actually be one of the more interesting series of the franchise. A starship, all lone in the unknown wilderness of space? That's just asking to be explored, but instead a lot of techno babble and reset button episodes is what we got. I also was not to fond of the character development (which to me was important) and how Harry Kim seemed to be the Naive ensign, even after seven years in the Delta Quadrant.