Hey, I never noticed that before....

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Warped9, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Phaser Two

Phaser Two Fleet Captain Premium Member

JB! It is absolutely the same guy. I'm talking (in the shot of the rec room from Let That Be) about the guy in red sitting to Hadley's left.

Same dude.

Right. Also, only regulars had the velcro sewn into their pants, so extras playing security guards wouldn't cut that mustard. This is sort of paralled in TNG when you saw, even as late as S6 and S7, extras in the super-tight skintight uniforms from S1 (and maybe S2) walking around. Picard et al. received the less painful uniforms at the beginning of S3 or whenever, but extras didn't rate. Same thing with the regulars in Star Trek getting the velcro at (I think) the beginning of S2. And the velcro didn't work for the women's uniforms, so they always wore belts if they carried phasers or communicators. (Although interestingly, at one point in The Apple Landon drops her phaser, then picks it up and places it on her skirt area, not on the belt, and it sticks!!)

BK613 likes this.
  2. BK613

BK613 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They had a narrow black belt in the 1st season that we see in "Tomorrow is Yesterday", where Kirk and Sulu hand them over to the Air Sargeant, and "Space Seed," on the door guard.
    But a cursory look through Trekcore indicates that the security cummerbund :D may have first showed up in "Mirror, Mirror."

GNDN18 likes this.
  3. plynch

plynch Commodore Commodore

I never heard the idea that they were supposed to be magnetic.

4. GNDN18

GNDN18 Tribute? Sure, sign me up. Premium Member

From the tech manual:
    808B453A-344A-45A2-A728-4EFA869A3544.jpeg D1E55B93-12C1-4EE5-8749-9EBB20AD43CD.jpeg
    Not canon, but it sounds future-y.

5. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Commodore Commodore

Phaser Two and BK613 like this.
  6. plynch

plynch Commodore Commodore

I studied that manual for years as a kid! Forgot that detail. If FJ captions it, it is true

Phaser Two and GNDN18 like this.
  7. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

By Any Other Name...when the bridge crew gets frozen, the crewman next to Uhura must have been moving too fast for Hanar.

8. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think your facial recognition organs might be off by one or two hundred degrees somewhere, Phase! :techman:
    JB