Heroes News and Possible Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PlainSimpleJoel, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

Not a single spoiler I have read (here and elsewhere)has made season 3 sound more appealing.

I'm seriously wondering if they are trying to get their show cancelled ASAP. What other stupid crap will they come up with?

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I heard a rumor a while back that instantly made me think of a Truly Awful(TM) plot twist...more recent developments make me wonder whether it might come true.

Rumor #1: one of the cast members will be revealed to be related to another cast member or members; rumor #2 (confirmed): Arthur Petrelli, Nathan and Peter's dad, is going to be added to the show; rumor #3: something "new" will be revealed about the Petrellis.

Combine that with the observation that Sylar's dad has never been shown, which leads to the conclusion that Sylar will be revealed as a long-lost Peterlli brother. If Arthur's superpower is the ability to split himself in two, that would certainly facilitate lifelong bigamy.

If that happens, Heroes will jump the shark while it's nuking the fridge. :D

3. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^you know, if season 3 really is gonna be as bad as its being rumored, I dont think Id mind that, its so OTT, its kinda funny...of course by that point its really turned into a ridiculous soap opera of Passions caliber...might as well up the wack quotient.

about Mo & Maya
    Mo with powers is just icky, especially the one they give him(read my first spoiler to see what its rumored to be). And I thought they realized from last season that we dont like Maya...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  4. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

http://blogs.nypost.com/popwrap/archives/2008/08/dana_davis_prom.html

PW: The last we saw Monica, she had caused Niki (Ali Larter) to "die," when does the season premiere pick up?
    Dana: We pick up right there.

PW: Do you play a large part in season three?
    Dana: Well, I would just say to fans of Monica's, I don't want to disappoint them, but her storyline wraps up fairly quickly.

PW: Why?
    Dana: "HEROES" didn't get the same critical or fan acclaim in season two, so I think the creators felt a lot of pressure because the ratings dropped and it wasn't nominated for any Emmys. And with the strike, I feel like the writers had a lot of time to sit around and think. They wanted to come back really strong and go back to what the show was in season one - less drama, more action. And they took it in a different direction that didn't really include Monica.

PW: That's terrible, I thought there was a lot of potential there.

Dana: Yeah, me too. I loved the character and I love the power - but I totally understand and it makes a lot of sense knowing where the story goes.

PW: And heroes return all the time - it's a small superpowered world!

Dana: Absolutely! Tim Kring [creator] and I have talked about that, you never know when I'll show up again!

5. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

^ pity. That power was pretty ace and I was looking forward to seeing how the storyline progressed with that. Ah well.

6. Jack Bauer

Unfortunately the writers strike killed off an interesting storyline for her.^^^

7. Temis the Vorta

What was the storyline?

8. Jack Bauer

Basically she was going to go out and use her powers to fight crime with Michah as her sidekick. Of course she'd run up against a local crime lord with superpowers.

9. Temis the Vorta

Hmm, that doesn't sound all that interesting to me...I'd prefer the writers do what I think they're planning, stick with the characters who came out of S1 as having the most interesting potential: Peter, Nathan, Claire, Hiro, Ando, Mohinder, Matt, Molly, Angela, Noah, Sylar.

Eleven
    characters is more than enough for any show - twelve counting whoever Ali Larter plays, I guess we're not going to be rid of her anytime soon. They can dabble with introducing new character for a couple eps every now than then, and some of them (like the last three I listed) will probably be killed off along the way w/o playing the magic resurrection game, but I think they've got a very solid cast and should stop trying to come up with new core characters.

10. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

Monica was one of the best things in S2!

Kriing always said during S1 that they would swap characters in and out. guess he's had a rethunk after people bitched so much...

11. kalysto

kalysto Captain Captain

That's disappointing, I quite liked Monica last season. She was one of the only bright sparks of the season. Monica>Maya, that's for damn sure.

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Grey's Anatomy knows how to juggle a lot of characters, unlike, say, Lost or ER. Heroes could've done a much beer job with a lot of characters if they hadn't given every single one of them their own solo plot during season two.

13. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

That seems to be best situation at the moment (well 10 characters as Molly is still pretty much a recurring character). Most of the main characters are thankfully being focussed more.
    I suspect by the end of the season, a few of the villains would be dead. not sure which Heroes will be.

14. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

^^ Monica>Maya? My friends, stabbing your eyes out with a fork>Maya.

15. Temis the Vorta

I'm counting on Maya being one of the casualities, but this show has shown an unwillingness to definitively kill off major characters, and I don't see that changing.

Angela will probably go next. Then Sylar, after they've milked all the Trek XI publicity value out of Zach Quinto being on the show, or until he gets too pricey to hang onto - the latter scenario being more likely if the movie really takes off as I hope it will.

Noah is unlikely to survive to the series' end. I can see someone major - Peter or Hiro - being killed off seemingly for good in one of the later seasons, but returning shortly before the series end.