Help me figure out what show this was!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by GalaxyX, Nov 7, 2013.

1. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So today I was thinking about this show I saw on TV once.

I don't remember what channel I saw it on, but considering what it was I suspect it was probably on YTV or something.

It seemed to be a low budget pilot for a kids version of "Automan meets Max Headroom"

Some kid is a computer whiz, and his dad works in some aerospace company of some sort.

His dad brings home a PCI card that is supposed to be this amazing holographic generator.

Kid hooks it up to his PC, and after sucking up a ton of power, it generates a character who he calls "Shock" (I think it was even Matt Frewer, or a guy that looked like him)

Anyway, it seemed to be set up that "Shock" was going to be some kind of superhero. He chases after some bad guys who shoot at him and do nothing, but running under power lines damaged him. He gets home saying something like "You were right, bullets don't hurt, but magnetic fields do!"

Anyway all is fixed, and the kid gets to go on a date with the girl he has a crush on.

That's all I can remember, and for the life of me, could never find any info about it.

Anyone remember seeing this? Do you know the name of the show?

2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Static Shock?

3. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Definitely not Static Shock. That's about a kid who becomes a metahuman with electric powers after a chemical explosion.