Haynes Enterprise Manual Updates?

Discussion in 'Trek Tech' started by Admiral_Young, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

I think that might just be the first bit of proof that what they were gonna put out didn't quite match what JJ had in mind, and why we're not seeing anything now.

[​IMG]

THIS one, I'd buy in a heartbeat.

2. Dukhat

Dukhat Vice Admiral Admiral

Egad. I was hoping for something a little more...futuristic? That cover looks like it came straight out of a 1970's Chilton auto repair manual.

3. Captain Robert April

Haven't you ever seen a Haynes manual? That's what they look like.

4. Dukhat

Dukhat Vice Admiral Admiral

Obviously I haven't, or I wouldn't have said what I said.

5. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

I WANT this book NOW!

please

6. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is it me trying to read too much into blurred text in that micro-JPG of the cover, or are they advertising dealing with more than one version of the Enterprise in that book?

7. Captain Robert April

Yup, it does appear to mention multiple Enterprise's (probably how Haynes was going to cover their bases; don't like this ship? Maybe you'll like one of the others we cover).

[​IMG]

I think it reads, "2151 *something* (NX-01, NCC-1701, NCC-1701-A, to NCC-1701-E)"

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jesus, people, it's a paste-up that has nothing to do with what the actual book will look like. Get a clue.

The article is from July. The cover lists multiple versions of the Enterprise because it's copied from the Haynes automobile guide series, which usually include a range of years and models.

9. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

Really good, and JTK dying against Narada echoes the sacrifice of the father up front, thus fulfilling 'big movie' convention of contriving resonance for emotional effect.

Actually, really really good, Car. Except it does nothing for the franchise approach, since you couldn't leverage any of the abramsverse designs for 'true' sequels unless you tore them down to their structural elements.

I finally saw it myself (all except the snow creature stuff; I'd seen that online and seen PHANTOM MENACE's sea chase so I wasn't going to sit through it again.) The movie didn't infuriate me as expected; it was just utterly uninvolving (and the visual 'style' gave me the expected headache.) It registered as anything but TREK, plus (worse) it bored the hell out of me. I'm guessing this is what a STARSHIP TROOPERS sequel plays like if they had insane budgets.

Back on thread ... Maybe Haynes can explain why the Enterprise has a big bladed device in its water pipe system to slice up all that nasty H20 into easily digestible bits? Feel free to correct me if that wasn't what I saw in the film, but that is what it looked like.

10. Captain Robert April

Well, they had to put the chompers in somewhere...

11. Cary L. Brown

Cary L. Brown Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

12. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

I didn't "blow you off," Cary. I've made it clear in another thread that I'm tired of the personal crap getting thrown around the forum lately, by multiple posters, and having discussed this one with the other mods, I was content to let it go because it had stopped being active. I was hoping that would be enough for you as well, but you now have a warning for flaming.

Closed. And to make myself perfectly clear, I will warn any more of this I see. From anyone. It stops here and now, because the regulars know I don't like to play mod most of the time. I shouldn't have to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.