Have we seen Burnham's parents yet in flashbacks?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by NewHeavensNewEarth, Feb 27, 2019.

1. NewHeavensNewEarth

NewHeavensNewEarth Commodore Commodore

Maybe the Klingon we hear in the flashback is actually Tyler, ordered by Leland to "kill" Burnham's parents by faking their deaths and actually transporting them to Terralysium via the RA. Watching the most recent episode, I can't help thinking that Discovery will team up with the human-element of Section 31. Since we know that the RA can transport people, perhaps she (most likely Burnham now) transports Tyler to stage it and get her parents out to a place where no one would look for them, on Terralysium.

If Spock participates with Tyler, it would be a meaningful gesture in restoring that relationship with Michael in saving her parents and letting them live out their lives there in peace. Maybe they were the original scientists on Terralysium who were referenced. It seems to me there's more to be revealed with that situation, in any case, especially with the revelation about Leland.

2. Succubint

Succubint Captain Captain

Tyler is too young. He would have been as young as Michael when it happened 20 years ago. No way he could have been an adult S31 agent at that time.

3. NewHeavensNewEarth

No, I'm saying that if Burnham is the RA and can transport people, maybe she takes Tyler (the former Klingon) back to do it.

4. LizStargaryen

LizStargaryen Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm sure we'll meet Burnham's parents after 2x09. I've already got them fancast in my head...

5. Xerxus

Xerxus Commander Red Shirt

Tyler says that Control is "probably rightfully alarmed by a time-traveling being pursuing its own agenda".

What if Control in the future sent a message back in time, and S31 followed it which unfortunately lead to the Klingon attack? This makes them much more suspicious about messages from the future and have no idea that the main objective was to kill Burnham. This changes the timeline so that Burnham eventually gets eaten by a monster on Vulcan, until it was changed again by the Red Angel via Spock.

6. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or maybe the act of having Burnham orphaned is what turned her from a nobody into a somebody. If it turns out that Discovery is now in a different timeline to the 'prime' timeline (to use a blanket terminology), then it's possible that the Burnham of the that 'prime' timeline never even entered starfleet. Maybe the Red Angel not only had to ensure Burnham survived on vulcan but that she also entered.
    Starfleet.

7. NewHeavensNewEarth

It just seems like such an intentional choice to not show her parents at all, I do have to wonder if it’s Tyler on the other side of that door in the flashback. Terralysium is such a random part of the puzzle, but this idea could connect a couple dots.

I think the main purpose of the 1st RA mission was to obtain the asteroid fragment that was the one thing that could stop the Terralysium cataclysm. (Sorry, Jet.) And if Terralysium had ties to Burnham, that could explain it.