Green Hornet-Seth Rogan-summer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Green Hornet-Seth Rogan-Christmas 2010

You know I'm kinda getting interested in this. I think I may go see it when it comes out.

Superhero Hype passes along a report that Nicolas Cage is no longer playing the villain in The Green Hornet. Evidently he never signed on the dotted line and decided against it at the last minute. Since they've already started shooting they'll have to scramble to find a replacement ASAP.

^^^^
That's to bad.
Found a piece about Nic Cage dropping out of Green Hornet.

Nicolas Cage has bowed out of playing the villain in the Michel Gondry-directed "The Green Hornet" film adaptation for Sony Pictures says Heat Vision Blog.
The site claims the actor and the studio couldn't come to terms on the actor's deal and so the studio is currently rushing to find a replacement.
Filming recently got underway in Los Angeles however no scenes have been shot featuring Cage's character.
Seth Rogen, Cameron Diaz and Jay Chou star in the film and pictures of the three at work are already online at Crazy Critics

Rumor is Daniel Craig will take his place.
I wasn't sure how serious you were in this comment but looks like Nic Cage's replacement has been found.

Christoph Waltz of Inglorious Bastards to play baddie in Green Hornet film?!
christophwaltz.jpg

I'm told that ICM's actor Christoph Waltz who won Best Actor at the Cannes Film Festival for playing a Nazi in Inglourious Basterds (and is a shoo-in for an Oscar nomination) has now been cast as villain Chudnofsky in Sony's The Green Hornet opposite Seth Rogen and Cameron Diaz.

The new Black Beauty actually looks kind of lame. The new grill/front fasica proportions look strange, even disregarding how the original looked (which struck me as perfect), the overall body chrome treatment looks silly, and the fully deployed weapons were a ridiculous choice.

I will say this though, Rogen does kind of look like Williams, specifically the jawline, though a perfect match would've been Rogen crossed with Clooney.

Some interesting Green Hornet, possible casting, has surfaced in a personal piece done by People magazine on Edward Furlong. Apparently its a piece about him, not his work(or lack of) but this nugget was buried in the piece.
"He has gotten really upset – anybody would," the friend says of Furlong, who is slated to start production on The Green Hornet this weekend. "We're trying to get him back to a place where he's calming down and talking to everybody."
This weekend? October 2-4 then. I'd like some confirmation and what role he has, bit part at best I'd guess.

Edward James Olmos who is in the movie has talked about his experience to date on the film.
[Olmos' character works alongside James Reid, publisher of the Sentinel and father of Britt.
"We're the backbone of the paper," he said. "Things go awry, and I end up having to try to sustain what's going on in our lives. And of course the Green Hornet doesn't make it any easier. I don't want to give anything away."
Chow is out as the new Kato, and Taiwanese actor Jay Chou is now in. And "Inglourious Basterds" antagonist Christoph Waltz -- not Cage -- will portray Chudnofsky, the Green Hornet's nemesis.
"It took a while, but things are finally coming together," said Olmos, who revealed he has one major stunt in which he gets zapped. "I think it's going to be very exciting. People will find that it's different than what they expect. Seth is doing a wonderful job. There's a lot of everything. IT's going to be action-filled, and there's a lot of humor in the situations. It's really a well-crafted piece of work. Hopefully people will enjoy it and we'll have a few of these films."

Looking forward to seeing some leaked pics of he and Rogan in character.

Re: Green Hornet-Seth Rogan-winter 2010

As the MTV.com article says its been quite on the Green Hornet front for awhile. Updating the thread with news that the first trailer is forthcoming.
It's been a quiet few months on the "Green Hornet" front lately, but that shouldn't be taken as a sign that things are slowing down on the Seth Rogen-starring film. In fact, director Michel Gondry says fans will see the first trailer at some point in the near future.
Based on Gondry's description of the trailer, fans will learn a good amount about Rogen and Jay Chou's characters of Britt Reid and Kato, the two heroes at the center of the action. But it's not all about character development, as Gondry promised plenty of violence in the upcoming trailer.
"You see Kato and Seth deciding why they want to be crime fighters," he said. "Then you see images of their completion. It's pretty violent, but with a good spirit."

See it in the near future, not a vague answer or anything. He might think near future is June, for me that would mean attached to Clash of the Titans or therabouts.

Place your bets, when do you think we'll see the GH trailer? What is near future to you?

Re: Green Hornet-Seth Rogan-winter 2010

As the MTV.com article says its been quite on the Green Hornet front for awhile. Updating the thread with news that the first trailer is forthcoming.
It's been a quiet few months on the "Green Hornet" front lately, but that shouldn't be taken as a sign that things are slowing down on the Seth Rogen-starring film. In fact, director Michel Gondry says fans will see the first trailer at some point in the near future.
Based on Gondry's description of the trailer, fans will learn a good amount about Rogen and Jay Chou's characters of Britt Reid and Kato, the two heroes at the center of the action. But it's not all about character development, as Gondry promised plenty of violence in the upcoming trailer.
"You see Kato and Seth deciding why they want to be crime fighters," he said. "Then you see images of their completion. It's pretty violent, but with a good spirit."

See it in the near future, not a vague answer or anything. He might think near future is June, for me that would mean attached to Clash of the Titans or therabouts.

Place your bets, when do you think we'll see the GH trailer? What is near future to you?
Never mind that. This film is generating as much buzz as The Spirit.

Please do not revive dead threads. If a thread hasn't had any activity in over 5 months, let it go and start a new thread. This actually belongs in SFF, but since it is actually a thread started nearly 18 months ago, it is time to say goodbye rather than move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back