Green Hornet-Seth Rogan-summer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I was kidding. Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing a really cool vintage vehicle in the role instead of something like KITT or whatever.

I think it's oviously they will be going for comedy. I mean they orignally wanted Kevin Smith to do the movie and then they turn to Seth Rogan. They keep going for people who do comedies or at least movies with alot of humor.

Jason

I think Smith was hired on the strength of his work in comic books, with acclaimed storylines for Daredevil and Green Arrow, rather than his movies. indeed, one of the reasons he walked away from the GH movie was that he admitted he didn't know how to do an action movie. If they'd wanted him to make an out and out comedy, I'm sure he would have had little trouble in delivering.

In the "An Evening with Kevin Smith" DVD, Smith clearly ditched the idea of making a GH movie. He said if he had his saying, the action scenes would be offscreen and Kato and GH would ramble on à la Jay and Silent Bob.

Well, he's since said that he left the film because Mosier didn't want to do it and he wasn't interested in working without Mosier.

No, I was kidding. Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing a really cool vintage vehicle in the role instead of something like KITT or whatever.

That reminds me, there was an album of old Green Hornet radio serials that was released back in the early 70's. The cover had a guy dressed as the Green Hornet and another guy dressed as Kato, their car was in the background - a green AMC Hornet!:guffaw:

That reminds me, there was an album of old Green Hornet radio serials that was released back in the early 70's. The cover had a guy dressed as the Green Hornet and another guy dressed as Kato, their car was in the background - a green AMC Hornet!:guffaw:

I actually owned a green AMC Hornet.

Anyway, how about a Bugati Veryon? I fell in love with it after Top Gear and I think the look could work.

http://www.blavish.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/02/veyron II.jpg

Re: Green Hornet-Seth Rogen-summer 2010

I suppose that Rogen can bring film clips to Comic-Con in 2009 and try to make his believe in him.

As long as Kato isn't someone like Masi Oka, there's always a chance the sidekick could carry all the "heavy work" and still pull the film together.

They want a martial arts action star to play he role of Kato. Rogan mentioned who he was thinking of for the role but I can't remember the guy's name.

Re: Green Hornet-Seth Rogen-summer 2010

I suppose that Rogen can bring film clips to Comic-Con in 2009 and try to make us believe in him.
No doubt, unfortunately I'm going this year so I'll have to settle with some T:4 footage and other fare.;)
There's some concern that a strike may prohibit actors from promoting their films. It would be too bad if Comic-Con 2008 were spoiled this way.

^^^^
I wasn't aware that was a possibility. That would suck that the actors wouldn't be there but a good consolation prize, should that happen, would to still see the footage.

More Rogan on Green Hornet. Exerpt
CS/SHH!: Do you have to be more disciplined as a writer, writing something like that as compared to this?
Rogen: No, not necessarily. Luckily the MPAA decided that violence is fine. When you're doing an action movie you can really have as much violence as you want. In writing "The Green Hornet" we haven't hit many situations where were like, "You know what would make this scene better? If Kato said c**ksucker." That hasn't come up that many times. I mean, I'd say that action wise we've been able to do anything that we could've ever wanted.

Green Hornet project is now in jeopardy.

Drew McWeeny of the fledgling entertainment site HitFix had been hearing from various unnamed sources at the Sundance Film Festival that Seth Rogen's plan to bring the '30s pulp hero The Green Hornet may have stalled with the departure of Stephen Chow as the film's director, as reported last month.

Drew says:
Ever since Stephen Chow started to waffle about his participation in the film, I've been hearing rumors that there were major hesitations at Sony. Then at Sundance, I heard several people say that the film was off completely. I spoke this afternoon with a source close to the film, and while they didn't call it completely dead, they did say it is "highly unlikely" that the film will shoot in 2009 at all.

Currently, Sony still has The Green Hornet listed on their release schedule for June 25, 2010 giving Rogen plenty of time to find a new director and a new Kato, but if it gets moved or pulled from that great summer release date, we can probably start taking these rumors more seriously.

I hope this project gets salvaged in some respectable manner. When Rogen was on Leno promoting Zach&Miri he had trimmed down some already to which Jay noted it. He said he was doing so in order to make Green Hornet.

This could be a good reimagining/update of the Green Hornet if done as half-way serious as Rogen & co. have indicated they were approaching it.

Seth Rogan as the Green Hornet:wtf:

That's way worse than Michael Keaton as Batman a score ago.

Seth Rogan:mad:

“Oh the pain”, as Dr. Smith would put it.

This movie will never get made. Once upon a time it was supposed to be George Clooney and Jason Scott Lee. Then it was Greg Kinnear and Jet Li. From that we get to Seth Rogan and Stephen Chow?

I actually hope this movie does get made because I'd be interested in seeing Rogen as Green Hornet and whoever is cast as Kato. Remember watching the old series a little when I was a kid with Bruce Lee as Kato...and I thought it was cool that Kevin Smith was writing it but then abandoned it because it got too large or whatever, the script I mean.

I'm not really surprised by this. I also read that many of the studios are cutting back on budgets for films because of the recession. This has included movies that are currently in production (Terminator: Salvation has had a budget cut).

I'm relieved to hear that this project is in trouble. I have always loathed the idea of a "funny" Green Hornet starring a woefully miscast Seth Rogen. But then again, I've never liked superhero comedies (e.g. Mystery Men).

Is this report indicating that some life is being breathed into the project via a cameo by Adam Sandler?? He does have 10 $100m films so a cameo couldn't hurt. However, which hero would his cameo be? That has me curious.
In an article at The Los Angeles Times, the author writes that there's a possibility that Adam Sandler will appear in Sony's The Green Hornet opposite Seth Rogen:

I also heard a random rumor about the 'Hornet' film: Two different people in the industry told me that Adam Sandler has a brief but key role in the movie as a certain surprise superhero...I heard which one, too, but I don't want to ruin it. Sandler and Rogen have another project together as well.

The studio has yet to announce a new director after Stephen Chow dropped out (he's still expected to play Kato), but it is still targeting a June 25, 2010 release.

Rogan also did some damage control of his own.
Seth Rogen got in contact with one of the Net's best online journos, Hitfix's Drew McWeeny, and shot down the rumor. He explained that "[The studio heads] have every intention on making it, and assuming we're able to hire a new director in the upcoming weeks, which seems like a distinct possibilty, it should still hit the release date."
Rogen also confirmed that the project is still seeking a director. AICN meanwhile adds that Stephen Chow is still connected with the film meaning he's likely still playing Kato.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back