Good Evening, Mr. Briggs...

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by RookieBatman, Jul 9, 2007.

1. DavidFalkayn

DavidFalkayn Commodore Commodore

Another Trek guest star who did a first season M:I gig--the lovely and talented Barbara Luna who played an agent who had been mentally conditioned by the bad guys in "Elena". Ms. Luna turned in a wonderful performance in that role--if you haven't seen it yet, do so.

2. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

OMG! I'd forgotten! :lol:

3. Forbin

I wouldn't argue with ya, 'cause it's just personal taste. :)

4. Forbin

The woman was exquisite.
    I saw her at a Creation last year, and she wears her years well.

5. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Phil Morris also created the hilarious character of Jackie Chiles on SEINFELD.

6. paustin

paustin Commander Red Shirt

M:I is a goldmone for trekkies, I love spotting the guest casts crossovers (so many are the same my assumption is that Joseph D'Agosta casting director for both shows arranged package deals). To my extreme delight even Eddie Paskey (Lt Leslie famous red shirt) has showed up (in the pilot episode). The city streets are often easily recognizable as the paramount backlot, I cant count how many episodes have used the same building as the nazi headquarters from 'patterns of force'. Its fun. The cestus III fort was a real unexpected treat.

7. DavidFalkayn

DavidFalkayn Commodore Commodore

Absolutely paustin. The studios in that period could draw off of a 'stable' of character actors such as Eddie Paskey, Jack Donner, and many others for a wide variety of roles. Also, because, for the most part they didn't ascribe to the philosophy that seems to rule today where actor and part are joined together for life, nor were they that concerned with continuity, you frequently saw character actors such as Jack Donner (Tal) and Eddie Paskey making multiple appearances on the same show in a variety of roles--I believe Jack Donner appeared something like six times on M:I during its run.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, the same thing is done in various modern shows, though often taking advantage of prosthetic makeup -- look how many Trek roles have been played by Jeffrey Combs or Vaughn Armstrong, or how many Stargate roles have been played by Dion Johnstone or Alex Zahara or Christopher Heyerdahl. It's more about the producers and casting agents having people they know and enjoy working with than it is about the studio system.