General Pro Wrestling News and Discussion Thread Part Deux!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Apr 2, 2012.

1. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's probably the biggest problem with WWE right now, the oversaturization of the product. With 5 hours of the big shows and 1 hour each for main event and the morning show, its too much right now.

2. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Way to go Vince nothing like changing the main event at the PPV with only two weeks to go. Other than that it was some of the better wrestling in quite a while. AJ/Cena, noone cares unless of course we can see some Aj in a state of undress.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Linda's officially lost again, in case anyone was interested. Also of note to any Canadian fans that are lingering about in the thread, the Score's Renee Paquette was hired last month by WWE. She will be a backstage interviewer on Raw. She hosted "Aftermath" on the network. This has been kind of exciting for all us Renee fans. No word yet on her debut.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  4. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

Nope. Can't says I was.

5. Admiral_Young

6. Admiral_Young

A very interesting interview with Triple H regarding Wrestlemania 29...including the fact that he intends on wrestling at 29 (I really hope we don't get Trips/Undertaker 3.5) and he doesn't think Austin will wrestle, and thinks Lesnar will return at 29 as well.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_66515.shtml

7. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

If HHH wrestles anyone, I think it would be Lesner. It would serve a good bookend too if this is really a "Retirement" match, based on the events of this year.

8. Admiral_Young

I'm still hoping for the long rumoured Undertaker/Brock match. Triple H Vs Brock 2.0? The first one was kind of meh...another one with an even longer wait between matches I don't think would be any good.

9. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

10. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

Been giving some thought to some of WWE's recent wasted opportunities, in talent that is. If you look at the WWE product, it's obvious that their goal is to appeal to all demographics, however, they keep screwing this up.

WWE nearly struck gold with Booker T in early 2003. Sure, a lot of that storyline was in bad taste (the lines Triple H was given were particularly awful), but the basic premise was a great idea (reformed convict becomes a wrestler, climbs to the top of WCW during it's decline and is working his way to the top of WWE). It's not just a storyline that could have served as an inspiration to many young guys who have been in trouble with the law, but one that had factual basis in reality and one that could have created a lot of real emotion. Not surprisingly, WWE completely fucked the storyline up and Triple H went over decisively and cleanly at Wrestlemania.

WWE had another chance to do something like this with MVP during his tenure, they never really touched upon it though. MVP is a particularly talented wrestler who happened to spend the best part of a decade in jail before reforming, and learning to wrestle. MVP could have easily made it as WWE or World Heavyweight Champion, had WWE packaged him as a face, and booked him appropriately. I don't think MVP ever really recovered from his year long humbling in 08/09, and the fact he was never booked higher than the midcard following this humbling, was probably a strong factor in him leaving to join NJPW (where incidentally, he was put over as the company's first Intercontinental Champion and has been booked strongly as a Gaijin, from the onset).

11. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

King welcomed back as only the WWE can. :lol:

12. Admiral_Young

13. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Jeff, do us all a favor and stay in TNA... where no one can see you.

14. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Even if he wanted to return to WWE, I have my doubts that they'd take him back at this point.

15. Satyrquaze

^Exactly.

He has two strikes, and he's usually begging for a third. If he were to be allowed back in the WWE at this point I would immediately lose what little respect I have for their Talent Relations department.

16. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

With ratings tanking and no new stars on the horizon its a good chance he might get another shot. I dont think he burned as many bridges as his brother.

17. Satyrquaze

I'm not even taking burnt bridges into account. He has TWO strikes in WWE. That may not mean anything in TNA, but if WWE wants to appear in the public eye to be taking the health and wellness of their talent seriously, they have no business resigning him and putting him in a position where they'd be setting him up for failure.

I don't recall every seeing Hardy take responsibility for his drug use. He claims to be clean at this point (last I checked), but he's claimed being clean and sober many times before. The guy is (unfortunately) a role-model and he regularly falls back into demonstrating how to be an addict.

If WWE is serious about who their fanbase is and really interested in being seen as the positive influence that it pretends to be when Linda is running for public office, they have no business resigning a guy who shows up to work drunk and or high. The last time they dealt with his drugs abuse in an angle Jeff was the FACE of the program. I mean, really?

18. Admiral_Young

I think the interview made it clear that Jeff is resigning with TNA. He cites WWE's policy for exploring things outside the company as one of those reasons (he wants to pursue his music career). I think there would be a better chance of seeing Kurt return than Jeff anyway.

Hogan's funny. I didn't know Sting rumours had started up again.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_66635.shtml

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  19. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

IMO the WWE has plenty of potential stars on the horizon (Sandow, Rhodes, Cesaro, Miz, Kofi, and Ziggler come immediately to mind). They've just been too chickenshit to actually elevate these guys beyond mid-card status for some inexplicable reason, choosing to cram a crappy character like Ryback down our throats instead.

20. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

Of all the former-WWE big names (well, those who made a name for themselves in WWE anyway) that are currently under contract to TNA, I'd rate their chances of returning to WWE within the next 2 years as so:

Rob Van Dam 6/1
    Mr Anderson 8/1
    Kurt Angle 10/1
    Jeff Hardy 10/1
    Mickie James 12/1
    Hulk Hogan 16/1
    D'Angelo Dinero (Elijah Burke) 16/1
    Chavo Guerrero 18/1
    Bully Ray 20/1
    Devon 20/1
    Tara 50/1
    Matt Morgan 50/1