Gaming Deals

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PKerr, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Damn. I would have been all over that deal if I could pre-order the Dragon Age: Origins Collector's Edition through them, but they're only offering the PC version (which my PC won't be able to handle). :scream:

2. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

Pre-ordered mine through gamestop, didn't have the patience to wait for any kind of sale or special, I just needed it!

3. Skywalker

I tried to pre-order at GameStop, but they didn't have any copies left to reserve by the time I got there. ::grumble::

4. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

What about online?

5. Skywalker

Tried it, but there seems to be something wrong with the Xbox 360 version. Every time I've gone and tried to pre-order it, I end up getting an error of some sort.

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's not official, but there's a rumor going around that Best Buy will do this "buy one, get one 50% off" sale with PS3 games next week.

7. Skywalker

If that applies to pre-orders, too, then hello, Uncharted 2... :devil:

8. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A couple of deals I've seen and taken advantage of:

1. Rock Band 2 Special Edition for $100 at Best Buy
    2. Buy 4 Nintendo games in one visit, get a $10 Best Buy gift card

9. Aragorn

While the Best Buy sale is still good, the web site not allowing preorders anymore... even though when you see the list of games that apply to the sale, a lot of preorders are still listed.

10. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That doesn't sound like much of a deal to me. You'd have to buy the cheapest games possible and then resell them to make the $10 a deal. Otherwise you're just spending $240 and making the Best Buy people happy for driving up sales.

11. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you were going to buy those games anyway, why not save the $10? Every deal, discount, and promotion is designed to get people to spend money on one thing or another.

12. Aragorn

Amazon.com video game deal of the day for Wednesday, Sept. 2, is Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (360) for $29.98.

13. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

For the three PC Gamers here, Impulse is selling various games at half price now, including Demigod, Sins of a Solar Empire, Sacred 2 and Dawn of Discovery.

Also, GOG.com has a 2 for 1 sale on all Interplay games, including Fallout and Freespace!

14. Aragorn

PS3 games buy one get one half off sale at Best Buy this week, but they've caught the online preorder glitch.

15. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Best Buy PS3 game sale

Lots of people probably have already seen this, but I thought I'd pass it on that this week at Best Buy, there's a buy one, get one 50% off sale on PS3 games (including new titles like "Batman: Arkham Asylum" and "Guitar Hero 5".

I just snagged Batman and GH5 (and, thusly, I believe, the free GH:Van Halen game) for $90.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat191200050021

16. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Best Buy PS3 game sale

Just don't forget to enter your code online before Oct 1 and you should be good.

17. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

18. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Saint's Row 2 and HAWX at my Target for $14.99 a piece. GTA4 PC is also $20 there...

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Argh! I rushed out to my Target for Saints Row 2 but they didn't even have it!

20. Aragorn

^ Target clearance prices are not universal, and inventory is not universal, which should've been mentioned in that post.

If you have a Best Buy near you, you might want to give them a shot. Prices for both the regular edition and special edition have been dropping like rocks, but again it's YMMV.